Oct 22, 2010, 2:01 PM EST
Well, they’re actually better than they have been — ratings for last night’s Game 5 were up 12% from last year’s NLCS game 5 on TBS and up 12% from 2008′s — but they’re still not killing the world. Indeed, last night baseball was beat by “Big Bang Theory,” “$#*! My Dad Says,” and “CSI: Wherever the Hell.”
I now await someone to make the claim that “$#*! My Dad Says” is the new national pastime.
Let me know when it’s posted, though. Because I’m going to be busy writing about how the Justin Bieber memoir is better than The Great Gatsby because it sold more last week.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 30
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 28
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 45
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)