Oct 22, 2010, 2:01 PM EDT
Well, they’re actually better than they have been — ratings for last night’s Game 5 were up 12% from last year’s NLCS game 5 on TBS and up 12% from 2008′s — but they’re still not killing the world. Indeed, last night baseball was beat by “Big Bang Theory,” “$#*! My Dad Says,” and “CSI: Wherever the Hell.”
I now await someone to make the claim that “$#*! My Dad Says” is the new national pastime.
Let me know when it’s posted, though. Because I’m going to be busy writing about how the Justin Bieber memoir is better than The Great Gatsby because it sold more last week.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (116)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)