Oct 22, 2010, 11:30 AM EDT
Pete Rose sat down for another interview, and he has this to say about the Hall of Fame:
I would hope that I’d get a second chance. Don’t wait till I’m dead. The Hall of Fame is for family and friends. I’d like to get up there in front of them.
He also says, however, that he knows it’s all out of his hands. I don’t take any of this to be serious campaigning by Charlie Hustle. He knows there’s not a hell of a lot he can do about it, it seems. Everyone that talks to him is going to ask him about it of course.
It’s an interesting interview for other reasons, though. He’s asked a lot about the current Reds and Phillies teams. I find it almost jarring to hear him talk about current baseball. His ban has made him something of a time capsule when you think about it. The last time I really paid attention to him saying anything about current players he was talking about Eric Davis or Mario Soto or something.
- Carlos Carrasco loses no-hitter with one out to go vs. Rays 4
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 7
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 30
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 47
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 71
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)