Oct 22, 2010, 11:30 AM EDT
Pete Rose sat down for another interview, and he has this to say about the Hall of Fame:
I would hope that I’d get a second chance. Don’t wait till I’m dead. The Hall of Fame is for family and friends. I’d like to get up there in front of them.
He also says, however, that he knows it’s all out of his hands. I don’t take any of this to be serious campaigning by Charlie Hustle. He knows there’s not a hell of a lot he can do about it, it seems. Everyone that talks to him is going to ask him about it of course.
It’s an interesting interview for other reasons, though. He’s asked a lot about the current Reds and Phillies teams. I find it almost jarring to hear him talk about current baseball. His ban has made him something of a time capsule when you think about it. The last time I really paid attention to him saying anything about current players he was talking about Eric Davis or Mario Soto or something.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 34
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 30
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 44
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 12
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 73
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)