Oct 22, 2010, 11:30 AM EDT
Pete Rose sat down for another interview, and he has this to say about the Hall of Fame:
I would hope that I’d get a second chance. Don’t wait till I’m dead. The Hall of Fame is for family and friends. I’d like to get up there in front of them.
He also says, however, that he knows it’s all out of his hands. I don’t take any of this to be serious campaigning by Charlie Hustle. He knows there’s not a hell of a lot he can do about it, it seems. Everyone that talks to him is going to ask him about it of course.
It’s an interesting interview for other reasons, though. He’s asked a lot about the current Reds and Phillies teams. I find it almost jarring to hear him talk about current baseball. His ban has made him something of a time capsule when you think about it. The last time I really paid attention to him saying anything about current players he was talking about Eric Davis or Mario Soto or something.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 4
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 15
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)