Oct 22, 2010, 11:30 AM EST
Pete Rose sat down for another interview, and he has this to say about the Hall of Fame:
I would hope that I’d get a second chance. Don’t wait till I’m dead. The Hall of Fame is for family and friends. I’d like to get up there in front of them.
He also says, however, that he knows it’s all out of his hands. I don’t take any of this to be serious campaigning by Charlie Hustle. He knows there’s not a hell of a lot he can do about it, it seems. Everyone that talks to him is going to ask him about it of course.
It’s an interesting interview for other reasons, though. He’s asked a lot about the current Reds and Phillies teams. I find it almost jarring to hear him talk about current baseball. His ban has made him something of a time capsule when you think about it. The last time I really paid attention to him saying anything about current players he was talking about Eric Davis or Mario Soto or something.
- MLB declares Hector Olivera a free agent 0
- Video: Watch Matt Harvey’s return to action against the Tigers 3
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 23
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)