Oct 22, 2010, 11:30 AM EDT
Pete Rose sat down for another interview, and he has this to say about the Hall of Fame:
I would hope that I’d get a second chance. Don’t wait till I’m dead. The Hall of Fame is for family and friends. I’d like to get up there in front of them.
He also says, however, that he knows it’s all out of his hands. I don’t take any of this to be serious campaigning by Charlie Hustle. He knows there’s not a hell of a lot he can do about it, it seems. Everyone that talks to him is going to ask him about it of course.
It’s an interesting interview for other reasons, though. He’s asked a lot about the current Reds and Phillies teams. I find it almost jarring to hear him talk about current baseball. His ban has made him something of a time capsule when you think about it. The last time I really paid attention to him saying anything about current players he was talking about Eric Davis or Mario Soto or something.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 51
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 16
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)