Oct 22, 2010, 2:30 PM EDT
This passage about those silly necklaces everyone is wearing is from a series of tweets this afternoon from Dirk “The Garfoose” Hayhurst, Blue Jays minor leaguer and author of the most excellent “Bullpen Diaries Gospels”:
If you’re wondering about the Phiten necklaces you see on your big league starlings these days, Phiten gives them to MLB’rs for free. Do they work? Hell if I know. I’ve never felt any different wearing them and the studies claiming energy balance are privately funded. Basically, it’s an image thing Phiten works to perpetuate on stars. Simple advertising scheme. Results may vary. Got an extra $50- find out. All I’m asking is, whens the last time you were in a health class and the teacher showed you a diagram on energy migration in your body?
Would I still wear them? Of course, all the other cool kids are dong it . . .
But if you’re going to mock those feeble minded folks who would pay $50 for one of those things, be careful: there are apparently a lot of ’em out there. “Phiten titanium necklace” is, far and away, the number one search term landing people at HardballTalk since yesterday afternoon.
Number two, by the way, is “Phillies.” Draw from that what you will.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)