Oct 22, 2010, 2:30 PM EDT
This passage about those silly necklaces everyone is wearing is from a series of tweets this afternoon from Dirk “The Garfoose” Hayhurst, Blue Jays minor leaguer and author of the most excellent “Bullpen Diaries Gospels”:
If you’re wondering about the Phiten necklaces you see on your big league starlings these days, Phiten gives them to MLB’rs for free. Do they work? Hell if I know. I’ve never felt any different wearing them and the studies claiming energy balance are privately funded. Basically, it’s an image thing Phiten works to perpetuate on stars. Simple advertising scheme. Results may vary. Got an extra $50- find out. All I’m asking is, whens the last time you were in a health class and the teacher showed you a diagram on energy migration in your body?
Would I still wear them? Of course, all the other cool kids are dong it . . .
But if you’re going to mock those feeble minded folks who would pay $50 for one of those things, be careful: there are apparently a lot of ‘em out there. “Phiten titanium necklace” is, far and away, the number one search term landing people at HardballTalk since yesterday afternoon.
Number two, by the way, is “Phillies.” Draw from that what you will.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)