Oct 22, 2010, 10:48 AM EDT
Remember the guy who ran onto the field in Philadelphia last month wearing a red, full body spandex suit and got tripped by Braves left fielder Matt Diaz?
Well, his name is Sean Hagan, he’s 17 years old, and yesterday he was sentenced to 80 hours of community service.
Now, if the judge involved had a sense of humor he’d stipulate that Hagan had to do those 80 hours of community service while wearing the spandex body suit, because it’s the kind of outfit that doesn’t seem quite as hilarious when you’re wearing it while picking up garbage on the side of a highway.
On the other hand, perhaps it’s enough that there’s video of Hagan still wearing the spandex suit while being picked up by his parents outside policy custody the day after the incident.
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 1
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 92
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (92)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)