Oct 22, 2010, 10:48 AM EDT
Remember the guy who ran onto the field in Philadelphia last month wearing a red, full body spandex suit and got tripped by Braves left fielder Matt Diaz?
Well, his name is Sean Hagan, he’s 17 years old, and yesterday he was sentenced to 80 hours of community service.
Now, if the judge involved had a sense of humor he’d stipulate that Hagan had to do those 80 hours of community service while wearing the spandex body suit, because it’s the kind of outfit that doesn’t seem quite as hilarious when you’re wearing it while picking up garbage on the side of a highway.
On the other hand, perhaps it’s enough that there’s video of Hagan still wearing the spandex suit while being picked up by his parents outside policy custody the day after the incident.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 21
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 60
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 53
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 18
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)