Oct 22, 2010, 10:48 AM EDT
Remember the guy who ran onto the field in Philadelphia last month wearing a red, full body spandex suit and got tripped by Braves left fielder Matt Diaz?
Well, his name is Sean Hagan, he’s 17 years old, and yesterday he was sentenced to 80 hours of community service.
Now, if the judge involved had a sense of humor he’d stipulate that Hagan had to do those 80 hours of community service while wearing the spandex body suit, because it’s the kind of outfit that doesn’t seem quite as hilarious when you’re wearing it while picking up garbage on the side of a highway.
On the other hand, perhaps it’s enough that there’s video of Hagan still wearing the spandex suit while being picked up by his parents outside policy custody the day after the incident.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 54
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 66
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 80
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 66
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)