Oct 22, 2010, 10:48 AM EST
Remember the guy who ran onto the field in Philadelphia last month wearing a red, full body spandex suit and got tripped by Braves left fielder Matt Diaz?
Well, his name is Sean Hagan, he’s 17 years old, and yesterday he was sentenced to 80 hours of community service.
Now, if the judge involved had a sense of humor he’d stipulate that Hagan had to do those 80 hours of community service while wearing the spandex body suit, because it’s the kind of outfit that doesn’t seem quite as hilarious when you’re wearing it while picking up garbage on the side of a highway.
On the other hand, perhaps it’s enough that there’s video of Hagan still wearing the spandex suit while being picked up by his parents outside policy custody the day after the incident.
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 2
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 49
- Mark Prior’s retirement reminds us that young pitchers will break your heart 24
- Roy Halladay is retiring 54
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 49
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)