Oct 22, 2010, 10:48 AM EDT
Remember the guy who ran onto the field in Philadelphia last month wearing a red, full body spandex suit and got tripped by Braves left fielder Matt Diaz?
Well, his name is Sean Hagan, he’s 17 years old, and yesterday he was sentenced to 80 hours of community service.
Now, if the judge involved had a sense of humor he’d stipulate that Hagan had to do those 80 hours of community service while wearing the spandex body suit, because it’s the kind of outfit that doesn’t seem quite as hilarious when you’re wearing it while picking up garbage on the side of a highway.
On the other hand, perhaps it’s enough that there’s video of Hagan still wearing the spandex suit while being picked up by his parents outside policy custody the day after the incident.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 37
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 13
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Baseball is dying, you guys (149)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)