Oct 22, 2010, 9:15 AM EDT
Memo to Bud Selig: if the NBA is doing something smarter than you, you’re really, really being stupid.
In this case: expanding instant replay in a nice incremental and seemingly sensible way. A lot of the new ways replay will be used are limited to the last two minutes of a game. The last two minutes of an NBA game already take three hours, so obviously no one is too worried about delays or pace-of-game issues like the are in baseball. They just want to get the calls right.
How audacious of them!
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (159)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)