Oct 22, 2010, 9:15 AM EDT
Memo to Bud Selig: if the NBA is doing something smarter than you, you’re really, really being stupid.
In this case: expanding instant replay in a nice incremental and seemingly sensible way. A lot of the new ways replay will be used are limited to the last two minutes of a game. The last two minutes of an NBA game already take three hours, so obviously no one is too worried about delays or pace-of-game issues like the are in baseball. They just want to get the calls right.
How audacious of them!
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 6
- Rangers catcher Geovany Soto arrested for marijuana possession 60
- Babe Ruth made his major league debut 100 years ago today 48
- Rockies owner: “maybe Denver doesn’t deserve a franchise . . . maybe time for it to find a new home” 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 33
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow 113
- Yadier Molina to miss 8-12 weeks with a torn thumb ligament 31
- Carlos Beltran placed on concussion disabled list after batting practice mishap 16
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (191)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (113)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)