Oct 22, 2010, 9:15 AM EDT
Memo to Bud Selig: if the NBA is doing something smarter than you, you’re really, really being stupid.
In this case: expanding instant replay in a nice incremental and seemingly sensible way. A lot of the new ways replay will be used are limited to the last two minutes of a game. The last two minutes of an NBA game already take three hours, so obviously no one is too worried about delays or pace-of-game issues like the are in baseball. They just want to get the calls right.
How audacious of them!
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)