Oct 22, 2010, 9:15 AM EDT
Memo to Bud Selig: if the NBA is doing something smarter than you, you’re really, really being stupid.
In this case: expanding instant replay in a nice incremental and seemingly sensible way. A lot of the new ways replay will be used are limited to the last two minutes of a game. The last two minutes of an NBA game already take three hours, so obviously no one is too worried about delays or pace-of-game issues like the are in baseball. They just want to get the calls right.
How audacious of them!
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 35
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)