Oct 22, 2010, 9:15 AM EDT
Memo to Bud Selig: if the NBA is doing something smarter than you, you’re really, really being stupid.
In this case: expanding instant replay in a nice incremental and seemingly sensible way. A lot of the new ways replay will be used are limited to the last two minutes of a game. The last two minutes of an NBA game already take three hours, so obviously no one is too worried about delays or pace-of-game issues like the are in baseball. They just want to get the calls right.
How audacious of them!
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 125
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 69
- Willie Mays congratulates Alex Rodriguez for reaching 660 career home runs 33
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 38
- Ryan Hanigan needs surgery, so the Red Sox will call up prospect Blake Swihart 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (363)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (128)