Oct 23, 2010, 11:32 AM EDT
Giants’ postseason darling Cody Ross told Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle that he is still dealing with pain after being drilled in the right forearm by Joe Blanton in Wednesday’s Game 4 win over the Phillies.
The bone was so bruised by the plunking that Ross required X-rays, but the injury wasn’t enough to keep him out of Game 5’s lineup against Roy Halladay. He went 1-for-4 with an RBI double and three strikeouts in Thursday’s loss.
“Nothing is going to keep me out, but it’s swelled up pretty good and it’s bruised up, but it’s not broke,” Ross said. “I’m definitely going to play. I’m going to fight through it.”
Ross is batting .333 (10-for-30) with four home runs and eight RBI during the postseason.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 54
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 28
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 61
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)