Oct 23, 2010, 11:32 AM EDT
Giants’ postseason darling Cody Ross told Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle that he is still dealing with pain after being drilled in the right forearm by Joe Blanton in Wednesday’s Game 4 win over the Phillies.
The bone was so bruised by the plunking that Ross required X-rays, but the injury wasn’t enough to keep him out of Game 5’s lineup against Roy Halladay. He went 1-for-4 with an RBI double and three strikeouts in Thursday’s loss.
“Nothing is going to keep me out, but it’s swelled up pretty good and it’s bruised up, but it’s not broke,” Ross said. “I’m definitely going to play. I’m going to fight through it.”
Ross is batting .333 (10-for-30) with four home runs and eight RBI during the postseason.
- Carlos Gomez diagnosed with sprained wrist 2
- Michael Wacha to start Thursday for the Cardinals 4
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 49
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 34
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 48
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (221)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (76)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)