Oct 23, 2010, 11:32 AM EDT
Giants’ postseason darling Cody Ross told Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle that he is still dealing with pain after being drilled in the right forearm by Joe Blanton in Wednesday’s Game 4 win over the Phillies.
The bone was so bruised by the plunking that Ross required X-rays, but the injury wasn’t enough to keep him out of Game 5’s lineup against Roy Halladay. He went 1-for-4 with an RBI double and three strikeouts in Thursday’s loss.
“Nothing is going to keep me out, but it’s swelled up pretty good and it’s bruised up, but it’s not broke,” Ross said. “I’m definitely going to play. I’m going to fight through it.”
Ross is batting .333 (10-for-30) with four home runs and eight RBI during the postseason.
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 92
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (92)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)