Oct 23, 2010, 11:32 AM EDT
Giants’ postseason darling Cody Ross told Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle that he is still dealing with pain after being drilled in the right forearm by Joe Blanton in Wednesday’s Game 4 win over the Phillies.
The bone was so bruised by the plunking that Ross required X-rays, but the injury wasn’t enough to keep him out of Game 5’s lineup against Roy Halladay. He went 1-for-4 with an RBI double and three strikeouts in Thursday’s loss.
“Nothing is going to keep me out, but it’s swelled up pretty good and it’s bruised up, but it’s not broke,” Ross said. “I’m definitely going to play. I’m going to fight through it.”
Ross is batting .333 (10-for-30) with four home runs and eight RBI during the postseason.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 51
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 16
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)