Oct 23, 2010, 11:32 AM EST
Giants’ postseason darling Cody Ross told Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle that he is still dealing with pain after being drilled in the right forearm by Joe Blanton in Wednesday’s Game 4 win over the Phillies.
The bone was so bruised by the plunking that Ross required X-rays, but the injury wasn’t enough to keep him out of Game 5’s lineup against Roy Halladay. He went 1-for-4 with an RBI double and three strikeouts in Thursday’s loss.
“Nothing is going to keep me out, but it’s swelled up pretty good and it’s bruised up, but it’s not broke,” Ross said. “I’m definitely going to play. I’m going to fight through it.”
Ross is batting .333 (10-for-30) with four home runs and eight RBI during the postseason.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 77
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 45
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 26
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)