Oct 23, 2010, 4:35 PM EST
Here’s the Phillies’ lineup for Game 6 of the NLCS against the Giants and left-hander Jonathan Sanchez.
1. Jimmy Rollins, SS
2. Placido Polanco, 3B
3. Chase Utley, 2B
4. Ryan Howard, 1B
5. Jayson Werth, RF
6. Shane Victorino, CF
7. Raul Ibanez, LF
8. Carlos Ruiz, C
9. Roy Oswalt, P
The big change here is that Jimmy Rollins is back in the leadoff spot for the first time since Game 1 of the NLDS against the Reds. Rollins stole two bases in Thursday’s win in Game 5, so it looks like his hamstring is finally feeling close to 100 percent. Shane Victorino gets bumped down to sixth in the order.
Charlie Manuel also sticks with Raul Ibanez against the lefty Sanchez, despite using Ben Francisco against southpaw Madison Bumgarner in left field in Game 4. Ibanez had his first two hits of the series in Game 5 and is batting just .185 (5-for-27) during the postseason.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 3
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40