Oct 24, 2010, 7:10 PM EDT
Cliff Lee hasn’t pitched since last Monday’s Game 3 victory over the Yankees in the ALCS. He was lined up to start a potential Game 7, but since the Rangers were able to finish off the Yankees in six games, Lee will be on eight days’ rest for Game 1 of the World Series against the Giants on Wednesday night.
Lee threw a bullpen session today, his second since his last start. He told Todd Willis of MLB.com on Sunday that he isn’t concerned about the long layoff.
“Obviously, I was preparing to potentially pitch yesterday,” Lee said, “so I’d been on my routine like that. Now I’m obviously pitching the first game. I’m just going to make the adjustment and kind of push it back a couple of days. Yeah, it’s not that big of a deal.”
For what it’s worth, Lee worked on 10 days’ rest when he went the distance and struck out 10 in Game 1 of the World Series against the Yankees last October.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 3
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 74
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 76
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 100
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (103)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)
- Jonathan Papelbon blows save, gets ejected for making rude gesture at booing crowd (77)