Oct 25, 2010, 3:01 PM EDT
Winter ball is a great place for young players to work on things or to stay in shape during the offseason. Or for really, really old players too, apparently, as Enrique Rojas reports that Jamie Moyer will pitch for the Escogido Lions in Dominican Winter League this year. This is clearly as sign that the nearly 48-year-old Moyer wants to continue pitching, and will use the winter to get back into playing shape after missing the second half of the season.
Or maybe it’s just a boondoggle, and Moyer is looking for a free trip to Santo Domingo. I hear he hasn’t been there since the heady mercenary days of El grito de Capotillo and the Restoration War and is feeling nostalgic for the place.
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 20
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 15
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 76
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 52
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (280)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)