Oct 25, 2010, 3:01 PM EDT
Winter ball is a great place for young players to work on things or to stay in shape during the offseason. Or for really, really old players too, apparently, as Enrique Rojas reports that Jamie Moyer will pitch for the Escogido Lions in Dominican Winter League this year. This is clearly as sign that the nearly 48-year-old Moyer wants to continue pitching, and will use the winter to get back into playing shape after missing the second half of the season.
Or maybe it’s just a boondoggle, and Moyer is looking for a free trip to Santo Domingo. I hear he hasn’t been there since the heady mercenary days of El grito de Capotillo and the Restoration War and is feeling nostalgic for the place.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)