Oct 25, 2010, 10:07 AM EST
With the famously passionate Yankees and Phillies fanbases on outside looking in, I figured there wouldn’t be any trash talk in the leadup to this thing. And there isn’t a ton coming from San Francisco or Texas yet. But if you look down to L.A. there’s some to be found. From the Times’ Steve Dilbeck:
I don’t know much about the Rangers, except they have Cliff Lee and the Dodgers don’t. They play in Ft. Worth, like to call it Dallas-Fort Worth and call themselves the Texas Rangers. When you have that kind of identity crisis, it’s no wonder you can’t find you way to the postseason.
No matter, I am now a huge fan of the Rangers, whoever they are. Go kick some City by the Bay butt. Find your inner Scott Spezio.
I love this because it goes after both teams. The Giants because Dilbeck is a Dodgers guy and hates the Giants and the Rangers for no apparent reason. Bitterness can be fun if applied liberally and evenhandedly.
(link via Walkoff Walk, who has a much more extended take on it)
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 0
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 31
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 12
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 43
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 133
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (136)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)