Oct 25, 2010, 9:31 PM EDT
Giants manager Bruce Bochy just confirmed his starting rotation for the World Series against the Rangers.
Courtesy of Andrew Baggarly of the San Jose Mercury, Tim Lincecum will start Game 1 on Wednesday, while Matt Cain pitches Game 2 on Thursday and Jonathan Sanchez starts Game 3 on Saturday.
Lincecum was a no-brainer to start Game 1 against Cliff Lee, despite his relief appearance on Saturday night. The big change is that Sanchez, who started Game 2 of the NLCS against the Phillies, is being pushed back to Game 3.
According to Bochy, Sanchez’s clunker of an outing in Game 6 wasn’t the reason for the change.
“Matt hasn’t thrown in a while. He’s ready and Johnny just threw. We’re excited wherever we put these guys.”
By the way, Bochy said he didn’t consider replacing Sanchez with Barry Zito. Sorry, Peter. Madison Bumgarner is lined up to start Game 4 on Sunday night.
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 0
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 0
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 5
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 53
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)