Oct 25, 2010, 9:31 PM EDT
Giants manager Bruce Bochy just confirmed his starting rotation for the World Series against the Rangers.
Courtesy of Andrew Baggarly of the San Jose Mercury, Tim Lincecum will start Game 1 on Wednesday, while Matt Cain pitches Game 2 on Thursday and Jonathan Sanchez starts Game 3 on Saturday.
Lincecum was a no-brainer to start Game 1 against Cliff Lee, despite his relief appearance on Saturday night. The big change is that Sanchez, who started Game 2 of the NLCS against the Phillies, is being pushed back to Game 3.
According to Bochy, Sanchez’s clunker of an outing in Game 6 wasn’t the reason for the change.
“Matt hasn’t thrown in a while. He’s ready and Johnny just threw. We’re excited wherever we put these guys.”
By the way, Bochy said he didn’t consider replacing Sanchez with Barry Zito. Sorry, Peter. Madison Bumgarner is lined up to start Game 4 on Sunday night.
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 1
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 5
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 44
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 31
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 45
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)