Oct 25, 2010, 9:31 PM EDT
Giants manager Bruce Bochy just confirmed his starting rotation for the World Series against the Rangers.
Courtesy of Andrew Baggarly of the San Jose Mercury, Tim Lincecum will start Game 1 on Wednesday, while Matt Cain pitches Game 2 on Thursday and Jonathan Sanchez starts Game 3 on Saturday.
Lincecum was a no-brainer to start Game 1 against Cliff Lee, despite his relief appearance on Saturday night. The big change is that Sanchez, who started Game 2 of the NLCS against the Phillies, is being pushed back to Game 3.
According to Bochy, Sanchez’s clunker of an outing in Game 6 wasn’t the reason for the change.
“Matt hasn’t thrown in a while. He’s ready and Johnny just threw. We’re excited wherever we put these guys.”
By the way, Bochy said he didn’t consider replacing Sanchez with Barry Zito. Sorry, Peter. Madison Bumgarner is lined up to start Game 4 on Sunday night.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 2
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 12
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 14
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (142)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)