Oct 25, 2010, 9:31 PM EDT
Giants manager Bruce Bochy just confirmed his starting rotation for the World Series against the Rangers.
Courtesy of Andrew Baggarly of the San Jose Mercury, Tim Lincecum will start Game 1 on Wednesday, while Matt Cain pitches Game 2 on Thursday and Jonathan Sanchez starts Game 3 on Saturday.
Lincecum was a no-brainer to start Game 1 against Cliff Lee, despite his relief appearance on Saturday night. The big change is that Sanchez, who started Game 2 of the NLCS against the Phillies, is being pushed back to Game 3.
According to Bochy, Sanchez’s clunker of an outing in Game 6 wasn’t the reason for the change.
“Matt hasn’t thrown in a while. He’s ready and Johnny just threw. We’re excited wherever we put these guys.”
By the way, Bochy said he didn’t consider replacing Sanchez with Barry Zito. Sorry, Peter. Madison Bumgarner is lined up to start Game 4 on Sunday night.
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 8
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 31
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 71
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)