Oct 25, 2010, 11:03 AM EDT
At least for Cabevision subscribers, as the retransmission battle between it and FOX drags on.
I know a lot of Phillies and Yankees fans who claim they won’t watch the Fall Classic now that their teams are out of it, but that’s just bluster. Real baseball fans will want to watch the World Series. And thanks to this little tiff, many won’t be able to.
Cablevision subscribers still have two days to go get an HD antenna — they really do work — sign up with a satellite service if your building’s rules and geographic orientation make it possible or, at the very least, find a great sports bar and claim a good seat early.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 9
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 27
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 100
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (109)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)