Oct 25, 2010, 11:03 AM EST
At least for Cabevision subscribers, as the retransmission battle between it and FOX drags on.
I know a lot of Phillies and Yankees fans who claim they won’t watch the Fall Classic now that their teams are out of it, but that’s just bluster. Real baseball fans will want to watch the World Series. And thanks to this little tiff, many won’t be able to.
Cablevision subscribers still have two days to go get an HD antenna — they really do work — sign up with a satellite service if your building’s rules and geographic orientation make it possible or, at the very least, find a great sports bar and claim a good seat early.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (306)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (120)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)