Oct 25, 2010, 2:06 PM EST
Geoff Young of Ducksnorts conducted an extensive interview of Sandy Alderson back in 2008. You can read it here, here and here if you’d like. Today, however, Adam Rubin of ESPN New York excerpts Geoff’s interview, doing his best to isolate the questions that may be of interest to Mets fans trying to assess the cut of their likely next general manager’s jib.
Query: if Geoff can get so much good stuff from Alderson in part of one afternoon, why do the Mets need to go three rounds with the guy?
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 7
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (92)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (81)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)