Oct 25, 2010, 2:06 PM EDT
Geoff Young of Ducksnorts conducted an extensive interview of Sandy Alderson back in 2008. You can read it here, here and here if you’d like. Today, however, Adam Rubin of ESPN New York excerpts Geoff’s interview, doing his best to isolate the questions that may be of interest to Mets fans trying to assess the cut of their likely next general manager’s jib.
Query: if Geoff can get so much good stuff from Alderson in part of one afternoon, why do the Mets need to go three rounds with the guy?
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 41
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 69
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 37
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)