Oct 25, 2010, 2:06 PM EDT
Geoff Young of Ducksnorts conducted an extensive interview of Sandy Alderson back in 2008. You can read it here, here and here if you’d like. Today, however, Adam Rubin of ESPN New York excerpts Geoff’s interview, doing his best to isolate the questions that may be of interest to Mets fans trying to assess the cut of their likely next general manager’s jib.
Query: if Geoff can get so much good stuff from Alderson in part of one afternoon, why do the Mets need to go three rounds with the guy?
- The Rockies “aren’t looking around very hard” for a trade of star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki 0
- Jury finds the Dodgers partially negligent, awards $18 million to Bryan Stow 35
- Masahiro Tanaka injured: Yankees ace to undergo an MRI exam on his right arm 60
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing 99
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Cardinals “looking for offense” … not Jake Peavy 30
- 2014 Home Run Derby participants … 28
- Billy Beane: The age of “baseball insiders” vs. “baseball outsiders” will soon be over 58
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (126)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (101)
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing (99)