Oct 25, 2010, 2:06 PM EDT
Geoff Young of Ducksnorts conducted an extensive interview of Sandy Alderson back in 2008. You can read it here, here and here if you’d like. Today, however, Adam Rubin of ESPN New York excerpts Geoff’s interview, doing his best to isolate the questions that may be of interest to Mets fans trying to assess the cut of their likely next general manager’s jib.
Query: if Geoff can get so much good stuff from Alderson in part of one afternoon, why do the Mets need to go three rounds with the guy?
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 88
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 15
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 35
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 40
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 350
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (351)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (190)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)