Oct 25, 2010, 2:06 PM EDT
Geoff Young of Ducksnorts conducted an extensive interview of Sandy Alderson back in 2008. You can read it here, here and here if you’d like. Today, however, Adam Rubin of ESPN New York excerpts Geoff’s interview, doing his best to isolate the questions that may be of interest to Mets fans trying to assess the cut of their likely next general manager’s jib.
Query: if Geoff can get so much good stuff from Alderson in part of one afternoon, why do the Mets need to go three rounds with the guy?
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)