Oct 25, 2010, 4:59 PM EDT
Enrique Rojas is all over the old guy beat today. First he had the Moyer news, and now he’s reporting that Manny Ramirez underwent hernia surgery two weeks ago. Apparently Ramirez had discomfort in his groin for most of the season, but waited until the year was over to have surgery. He’s supposed to be good to go for spring training.
As for where he’ll be training, Ramirez tells Rojas that he’d like to join John Farrell in Toronto. Takes two to tango, of course, so who knows? Whatever the case, Ramirez should probably expect nothing more than a Vlad Guerrero kind of contract. And given his durability issues the past two years, even that may be a bit high.
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 17
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 12
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 44
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 38
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 20
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 33
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)