Oct 25, 2010, 4:59 PM EST
Enrique Rojas is all over the old guy beat today. First he had the Moyer news, and now he’s reporting that Manny Ramirez underwent hernia surgery two weeks ago. Apparently Ramirez had discomfort in his groin for most of the season, but waited until the year was over to have surgery. He’s supposed to be good to go for spring training.
As for where he’ll be training, Ramirez tells Rojas that he’d like to join John Farrell in Toronto. Takes two to tango, of course, so who knows? Whatever the case, Ramirez should probably expect nothing more than a Vlad Guerrero kind of contract. And given his durability issues the past two years, even that may be a bit high.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)