Oct 25, 2010, 4:59 PM EDT
Enrique Rojas is all over the old guy beat today. First he had the Moyer news, and now he’s reporting that Manny Ramirez underwent hernia surgery two weeks ago. Apparently Ramirez had discomfort in his groin for most of the season, but waited until the year was over to have surgery. He’s supposed to be good to go for spring training.
As for where he’ll be training, Ramirez tells Rojas that he’d like to join John Farrell in Toronto. Takes two to tango, of course, so who knows? Whatever the case, Ramirez should probably expect nothing more than a Vlad Guerrero kind of contract. And given his durability issues the past two years, even that may be a bit high.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)