Oct 25, 2010, 4:59 PM EDT
Enrique Rojas is all over the old guy beat today. First he had the Moyer news, and now he’s reporting that Manny Ramirez underwent hernia surgery two weeks ago. Apparently Ramirez had discomfort in his groin for most of the season, but waited until the year was over to have surgery. He’s supposed to be good to go for spring training.
As for where he’ll be training, Ramirez tells Rojas that he’d like to join John Farrell in Toronto. Takes two to tango, of course, so who knows? Whatever the case, Ramirez should probably expect nothing more than a Vlad Guerrero kind of contract. And given his durability issues the past two years, even that may be a bit high.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 70
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 47
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)