Oct 25, 2010, 1:45 PM EDT
For the second straight season FOX has hired Ozzie Guillen as a World Series analyst.
According to Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune the White Sox manager “will work the pregame and postgame shows with Chris Rose and Eric Karros” and also “join Joe Buck and Tim McCarver as an analyst for late-inning strategy.”
I’m a huge Guillen fan and anything that leads to McCarver doing less of the analysis can’t be a bad thing, but my guess is that Ozzie joining Buck and McCarver “for late-inning strategy” talk is something that sounds a lot better in theory than in practice.
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 0
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 22
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 36
- Brian Cashman calls out Yankees hitting coach Kevin Long 45
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 84
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL