Oct 25, 2010, 1:45 PM EST
For the second straight season FOX has hired Ozzie Guillen as a World Series analyst.
According to Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune the White Sox manager “will work the pregame and postgame shows with Chris Rose and Eric Karros” and also “join Joe Buck and Tim McCarver as an analyst for late-inning strategy.”
I’m a huge Guillen fan and anything that leads to McCarver doing less of the analysis can’t be a bad thing, but my guess is that Ozzie joining Buck and McCarver “for late-inning strategy” talk is something that sounds a lot better in theory than in practice.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 8
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (94)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (83)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)