Oct 25, 2010, 10:35 PM EDT
Not be outdone, Rangers manager Ron Washington just announced his team’s rotation for the World Series against the Giants.
Cliff Lee will start Game 1 against Tim Lincecum on Wednesday, C.J. Wilson will pitch versus Matt Cain in Game 2 on Thursday and Colby Lewis will oppose Jonathan Sanchez in Game 3 on Saturday, reports T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com.
Lewis has followed Wilson in the rotation through the first two rounds of the playoffs, so no significant changes here.
According to Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Washington said Tommy Hunter is likely to start Game 4 against Madison Bumgarner on Sunday. Derek Holland, who has a 2.61 ERA and 8/3 K/BB ratio over 10 1/3 innings in the postseason, will continue to pitch out of the bullpen.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 12
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 58
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (114)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?