Oct 25, 2010, 10:35 PM EDT
Not be outdone, Rangers manager Ron Washington just announced his team’s rotation for the World Series against the Giants.
Cliff Lee will start Game 1 against Tim Lincecum on Wednesday, C.J. Wilson will pitch versus Matt Cain in Game 2 on Thursday and Colby Lewis will oppose Jonathan Sanchez in Game 3 on Saturday, reports T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com.
Lewis has followed Wilson in the rotation through the first two rounds of the playoffs, so no significant changes here.
According to Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Washington said Tommy Hunter is likely to start Game 4 against Madison Bumgarner on Sunday. Derek Holland, who has a 2.61 ERA and 8/3 K/BB ratio over 10 1/3 innings in the postseason, will continue to pitch out of the bullpen.
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 7
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 11
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 88
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)