Oct 25, 2010, 10:35 PM EDT
Not be outdone, Rangers manager Ron Washington just announced his team’s rotation for the World Series against the Giants.
Cliff Lee will start Game 1 against Tim Lincecum on Wednesday, C.J. Wilson will pitch versus Matt Cain in Game 2 on Thursday and Colby Lewis will oppose Jonathan Sanchez in Game 3 on Saturday, reports T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com.
Lewis has followed Wilson in the rotation through the first two rounds of the playoffs, so no significant changes here.
According to Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Washington said Tommy Hunter is likely to start Game 4 against Madison Bumgarner on Sunday. Derek Holland, who has a 2.61 ERA and 8/3 K/BB ratio over 10 1/3 innings in the postseason, will continue to pitch out of the bullpen.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 2
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 4
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 83
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (85)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)