Oct 25, 2010, 10:35 PM EST
Not be outdone, Rangers manager Ron Washington just announced his team’s rotation for the World Series against the Giants.
Cliff Lee will start Game 1 against Tim Lincecum on Wednesday, C.J. Wilson will pitch versus Matt Cain in Game 2 on Thursday and Colby Lewis will oppose Jonathan Sanchez in Game 3 on Saturday, reports T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com.
Lewis has followed Wilson in the rotation through the first two rounds of the playoffs, so no significant changes here.
According to Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Washington said Tommy Hunter is likely to start Game 4 against Madison Bumgarner on Sunday. Derek Holland, who has a 2.61 ERA and 8/3 K/BB ratio over 10 1/3 innings in the postseason, will continue to pitch out of the bullpen.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 43
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 108
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)