Oct 25, 2010, 10:35 PM EST
Not be outdone, Rangers manager Ron Washington just announced his team’s rotation for the World Series against the Giants.
Cliff Lee will start Game 1 against Tim Lincecum on Wednesday, C.J. Wilson will pitch versus Matt Cain in Game 2 on Thursday and Colby Lewis will oppose Jonathan Sanchez in Game 3 on Saturday, reports T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com.
Lewis has followed Wilson in the rotation through the first two rounds of the playoffs, so no significant changes here.
According to Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Washington said Tommy Hunter is likely to start Game 4 against Madison Bumgarner on Sunday. Derek Holland, who has a 2.61 ERA and 8/3 K/BB ratio over 10 1/3 innings in the postseason, will continue to pitch out of the bullpen.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)