Oct 25, 2010, 8:27 AM EDT
Lolcoeur was my creation, but I’ll admit, it wasn’t nearly as striking as this baby.
I believe one of my colleagues at NBC created that and that it was used on Sunday Night Football last night. I wouldn’t know because I decided to finally start watching “Breaking Bad” on DVD and thus neglected to tune in to the football game. Actually, even if I wasn’t watching “Breaking Bad” I would have neglected to tune into the football game because, you know, it’s football.
Anyway, I’m assuming it was used to illustrate to the nation what Brett Favre in a Vikings uniform looks like to Packers fans. If this was a scare tactic it probably backfired. Smart Yankees fans know that, like Favre playing for Minnesota, current vintage Derek Jeter in a Red Sox uniform would only help, not hinder, their own team’s playoff chances.
- Christian Vazquez to undergo Tommy John surgery 9
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 4
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 18
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 30
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 47
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)