Oct 26, 2010, 9:37 PM EDT
Bobby Valentine may not end up with a managerial job at all this winter, but he’s darn sure going to be rumored for all of them.
Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com “keeps hearing” that Bobby V is a finalist to be the Brewers’ next manager.
Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reported on Saturday that the Brewers were considering four candidates for the job, but he was only able to confirm former Diamondbacks and Mariners manager Bob Melvin and White Sox bench coach Joey Cora. So far, Brewers general manager Doug Melvin has tried to keep the whole process under wraps. Haudricourt guessed that Angels bench coach Ron Roenicke was the third candidate for the job, so perhaps Valentine is the fourth.
Milwaukee obviously presents a better chance of winning than Seattle, for example, at least in the short-term, but Rosenthal appears skeptical about whether the Brewers will be able to afford Valentine and/or if he would even be willing to accept the position. According to Jon Heyman of SI.com, Valentine enjoyed meeting with the Brewers’ people, but said that he didn’t expect to get the job.
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 2
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 53
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 29
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 37
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 8
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (105)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)