Oct 26, 2010, 9:37 PM EDT
Bobby Valentine may not end up with a managerial job at all this winter, but he’s darn sure going to be rumored for all of them.
Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com “keeps hearing” that Bobby V is a finalist to be the Brewers’ next manager.
Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reported on Saturday that the Brewers were considering four candidates for the job, but he was only able to confirm former Diamondbacks and Mariners manager Bob Melvin and White Sox bench coach Joey Cora. So far, Brewers general manager Doug Melvin has tried to keep the whole process under wraps. Haudricourt guessed that Angels bench coach Ron Roenicke was the third candidate for the job, so perhaps Valentine is the fourth.
Milwaukee obviously presents a better chance of winning than Seattle, for example, at least in the short-term, but Rosenthal appears skeptical about whether the Brewers will be able to afford Valentine and/or if he would even be willing to accept the position. According to Jon Heyman of SI.com, Valentine enjoyed meeting with the Brewers’ people, but said that he didn’t expect to get the job.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 59
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (111)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)