Oct 26, 2010, 12:47 PM EDT
Curt Young reportedly turned down a 40 percent raise to return as the A’s pitching coach next year and the initial speculation was that he could end up signing with the Diamondbacks.
However, now that Charles Nagy is said to the front-runner in Arizona the latest speculation has Young potentially in line to replace John Farrell as the pitching coach in Boston.
Pete Abraham of the Boston Globe notes that Red Sox manager Terry Francona “is familiar with Young” from their time together in the A’s organization in 2003.
Joe Stiglich of the Contra Costa Times writes that “everything I’m now hearing points to Young getting consideration” from the Red Sox.
And last but not least Buster Olney of ESPN.com just tweeted that “Boston’s next pitching coach may well be Young.”
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 5
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 92
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 13
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 55
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 13
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (92)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)