Oct 26, 2010, 12:47 PM EDT
Curt Young reportedly turned down a 40 percent raise to return as the A’s pitching coach next year and the initial speculation was that he could end up signing with the Diamondbacks.
However, now that Charles Nagy is said to the front-runner in Arizona the latest speculation has Young potentially in line to replace John Farrell as the pitching coach in Boston.
Pete Abraham of the Boston Globe notes that Red Sox manager Terry Francona “is familiar with Young” from their time together in the A’s organization in 2003.
Joe Stiglich of the Contra Costa Times writes that “everything I’m now hearing points to Young getting consideration” from the Red Sox.
And last but not least Buster Olney of ESPN.com just tweeted that “Boston’s next pitching coach may well be Young.”
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)