Oct 26, 2010, 4:40 PM EST
Arizona filled out most of its coaching staff this afternoon, with Alan Trammell coming on as Kirk Gibson’s bench coach, Charles Nagy and Don Baylor joining as the pitching and hitting coaches, and Eric Young serving as first base coach.
Gibson was actually the bench coach in Detroit back when Trammell was the Tigers’ manager, so that move has been assumed for a while now.
Nagy emerged as the pitching coach front-runner despite some brief speculation that Curt Young could be in the mix after turning down a contract from the A’s. Baylor wasn’t out of a job long after being let go by the Rockies, although he’d expressed a desire to manage again.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 82
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 160
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (160)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)