Oct 26, 2010, 4:40 PM EDT
Arizona filled out most of its coaching staff this afternoon, with Alan Trammell coming on as Kirk Gibson’s bench coach, Charles Nagy and Don Baylor joining as the pitching and hitting coaches, and Eric Young serving as first base coach.
Gibson was actually the bench coach in Detroit back when Trammell was the Tigers’ manager, so that move has been assumed for a while now.
Nagy emerged as the pitching coach front-runner despite some brief speculation that Curt Young could be in the mix after turning down a contract from the A’s. Baylor wasn’t out of a job long after being let go by the Rockies, although he’d expressed a desire to manage again.
- Manny Machado could join the Orioles as soon as next weekend 3
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 45
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 87
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)