Oct 26, 2010, 4:40 PM EDT
Arizona filled out most of its coaching staff this afternoon, with Alan Trammell coming on as Kirk Gibson’s bench coach, Charles Nagy and Don Baylor joining as the pitching and hitting coaches, and Eric Young serving as first base coach.
Gibson was actually the bench coach in Detroit back when Trammell was the Tigers’ manager, so that move has been assumed for a while now.
Nagy emerged as the pitching coach front-runner despite some brief speculation that Curt Young could be in the mix after turning down a contract from the A’s. Baylor wasn’t out of a job long after being let go by the Rockies, although he’d expressed a desire to manage again.
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 6
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 9
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 35
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 180
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (181)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)