Oct 26, 2010, 4:40 PM EDT
Arizona filled out most of its coaching staff this afternoon, with Alan Trammell coming on as Kirk Gibson’s bench coach, Charles Nagy and Don Baylor joining as the pitching and hitting coaches, and Eric Young serving as first base coach.
Gibson was actually the bench coach in Detroit back when Trammell was the Tigers’ manager, so that move has been assumed for a while now.
Nagy emerged as the pitching coach front-runner despite some brief speculation that Curt Young could be in the mix after turning down a contract from the A’s. Baylor wasn’t out of a job long after being let go by the Rockies, although he’d expressed a desire to manage again.
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 32
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 46
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 26
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 50
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 15
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)