Oct 26, 2010, 4:40 PM EDT
Arizona filled out most of its coaching staff this afternoon, with Alan Trammell coming on as Kirk Gibson’s bench coach, Charles Nagy and Don Baylor joining as the pitching and hitting coaches, and Eric Young serving as first base coach.
Gibson was actually the bench coach in Detroit back when Trammell was the Tigers’ manager, so that move has been assumed for a while now.
Nagy emerged as the pitching coach front-runner despite some brief speculation that Curt Young could be in the mix after turning down a contract from the A’s. Baylor wasn’t out of a job long after being let go by the Rockies, although he’d expressed a desire to manage again.
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 48
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 48
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 62
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 20
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)