Oct 26, 2010, 12:31 PM EST
The Rangers are blowin’ a great chance to have Hayes Carll or Ray Wylie Hubbard sing the National Anthem before one of their games, but nobody asked me:
Major League Baseball announced Tuesday that soul singer John Legend will perform the national anthem on Wednesday at Game 1 of the series between the San Francisco Giants and the Texas Rangers. Country trio Lady Antebellum is set to perform “The Star-Spangled Banner” on Thursday at Game 2. Games 1 and 2 will take place in San Francisco. On Saturday at Game 3 in Arlington, Texas, pop singer and former “American Idol” champion Kelly Clarkson will sing the anthem. Texas is her home state.
And, for that matter, the Giants are whiffing by not having Huey Lewis or Journey.
Maybe we’ll be surprised with an arena rock version of “God Bless America.”
- Grant Balfour may file a grievance over Orioles’ decision to back out of contract 18
- Former Major Leaguer Gabe Kapler wants collisions to remain part of the game 27
- Carlos Beltran introduced by the Yankees, takes a shot at the Mets 29
- The Grant Balfour-Orioles deal is dead 25
- Kevin Youkilis is going to play in Japan 30
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- I don’t know what the best baseball song is, but it ain’t John freakin’ Fogerty (101)
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! (89)
- ‘Tis the season for people acting incredibly dumb (74)
- The Yankees agree to a one-year, $2 million deal with Brian Roberts (74)