Oct 26, 2010, 12:31 PM EST
The Rangers are blowin’ a great chance to have Hayes Carll or Ray Wylie Hubbard sing the National Anthem before one of their games, but nobody asked me:
Major League Baseball announced Tuesday that soul singer John Legend will perform the national anthem on Wednesday at Game 1 of the series between the San Francisco Giants and the Texas Rangers. Country trio Lady Antebellum is set to perform “The Star-Spangled Banner” on Thursday at Game 2. Games 1 and 2 will take place in San Francisco. On Saturday at Game 3 in Arlington, Texas, pop singer and former “American Idol” champion Kelly Clarkson will sing the anthem. Texas is her home state.
And, for that matter, the Giants are whiffing by not having Huey Lewis or Journey.
Maybe we’ll be surprised with an arena rock version of “God Bless America.”
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (93)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)