Oct 26, 2010, 7:31 PM EDT
Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post passes along news from Juan C. Rodriguez of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel that the Marlins are “leaning towards” keeping Edwin Rodriguez as manager for at least one more year.
Rodriguez led the Marlins to a 46-46 record after replacing Fredi Gonzalez as manager in late-June. He was told that he would be considered for managerial gig this offseason, but as of two weeks ago, he hadn’t heard anything from the team.
It looks like he may have to continue waiting by the phone. Earlier today, Marlins president David Samson told Rodriguez that the team was still having internal discussions about filling the position and hadn’t even contacted or interviewed anyone yet.
It appears that the Marlins are back to square one with their search after Bobby Valentine recently withdrew from consideration for the job. Bo Porter, who served as the Diamondbacks’ third base coach this season and as Marlins’ third base coach/outfield coach from 2007-09, is also believed to be a candidate.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 113
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 155
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 22
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 52
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 56
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (172)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (155)