Oct 26, 2010, 3:00 PM EDT
The Red Sox have announced their ticket prices for 2011. Yes, there are increases. You can read the whole press release here. From best I can tell, ticket prices overall will see only a modest increase — 2 % — but the bulk of the pain will be felt by the rich, with those in the more expensive seats seeing the biggest hikes.
As a result, a spokesman for the Republican National Committee just called this “the biggest ticket price increase in American history” and labeled the Red Sox “a socialist, confiscatory kleptocracy.”
Aren’t you glad people don’t talk about sports the way they talk about politics?
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 2
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 15
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 20
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 9
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 46
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (245)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)