Oct 26, 2010, 3:00 PM EDT
The Red Sox have announced their ticket prices for 2011. Yes, there are increases. You can read the whole press release here. From best I can tell, ticket prices overall will see only a modest increase — 2 % — but the bulk of the pain will be felt by the rich, with those in the more expensive seats seeing the biggest hikes.
As a result, a spokesman for the Republican National Committee just called this “the biggest ticket price increase in American history” and labeled the Red Sox “a socialist, confiscatory kleptocracy.”
Aren’t you glad people don’t talk about sports the way they talk about politics?
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 4
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 36
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- Brian Cashman calls out Yankees hitting coach Kevin Long 52
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- LIVE: Spurs-Heat, Game 6
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'