Oct 26, 2010, 3:00 PM EDT
The Red Sox have announced their ticket prices for 2011. Yes, there are increases. You can read the whole press release here. From best I can tell, ticket prices overall will see only a modest increase — 2 % — but the bulk of the pain will be felt by the rich, with those in the more expensive seats seeing the biggest hikes.
As a result, a spokesman for the Republican National Committee just called this “the biggest ticket price increase in American history” and labeled the Red Sox “a socialist, confiscatory kleptocracy.”
Aren’t you glad people don’t talk about sports the way they talk about politics?
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69