Oct 26, 2010, 12:15 PM EDT
Tony Jackson of ESPNLosAngeles.com reports that Tim Wallach is officially out of the running for the Brewers’ managerial opening and is all but guaranteed to remain with the Dodgers as a third base coach in 2011.
Wallach re-signed with the Dodgers earlier this month, but his contract allowed him to pursue manager jobs with a pre-selected number of teams. Milwaukee was on the list, but Toronto wasn’t, and now Wallach will spend a year on Don Mattingly’s coaching staff before likely hitting the interview circuit again next offseason.
After managing at Triple-A last season there was some thought that Wallach would be Mattingly’s bench coach next year, but instead that job is expected to go to former Royals manager Trey Hillman.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 18
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 5
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 86
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)