Oct 26, 2010, 11:33 AM EDT
Richard Durrett caught up with recently-deposed Rangers monarch Tom Hicks, who has a bit of a sad over all of this World Series’n, saying “I’m happy, but it’s bittersweet. There’s no denying that.”
Hicks takes some pride in what’s going on too, even if he’s not in charge anymore. And he probably should, as Durrett notes. He hired Jon Daniels. He hired Nolan Ryan. On the baseball operations side of things, Hicks did no real harm after recovering from the A-Rod contract. Hicks’ issues really began when he started saddling the organization with debt in order to finance all manner of other things like real estate development and whatnot.
Maybe there’s a lesson in there somewhere.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (108)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)