Oct 26, 2010, 11:33 AM EST
Richard Durrett caught up with recently-deposed Rangers monarch Tom Hicks, who has a bit of a sad over all of this World Series’n, saying “I’m happy, but it’s bittersweet. There’s no denying that.”
Hicks takes some pride in what’s going on too, even if he’s not in charge anymore. And he probably should, as Durrett notes. He hired Jon Daniels. He hired Nolan Ryan. On the baseball operations side of things, Hicks did no real harm after recovering from the A-Rod contract. Hicks’ issues really began when he started saddling the organization with debt in order to finance all manner of other things like real estate development and whatnot.
Maybe there’s a lesson in there somewhere.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)