Oct 26, 2010, 11:33 AM EST
Richard Durrett caught up with recently-deposed Rangers monarch Tom Hicks, who has a bit of a sad over all of this World Series’n, saying “I’m happy, but it’s bittersweet. There’s no denying that.”
Hicks takes some pride in what’s going on too, even if he’s not in charge anymore. And he probably should, as Durrett notes. He hired Jon Daniels. He hired Nolan Ryan. On the baseball operations side of things, Hicks did no real harm after recovering from the A-Rod contract. Hicks’ issues really began when he started saddling the organization with debt in order to finance all manner of other things like real estate development and whatnot.
Maybe there’s a lesson in there somewhere.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27