Oct 26, 2010, 11:33 AM EDT
Richard Durrett caught up with recently-deposed Rangers monarch Tom Hicks, who has a bit of a sad over all of this World Series’n, saying “I’m happy, but it’s bittersweet. There’s no denying that.”
Hicks takes some pride in what’s going on too, even if he’s not in charge anymore. And he probably should, as Durrett notes. He hired Jon Daniels. He hired Nolan Ryan. On the baseball operations side of things, Hicks did no real harm after recovering from the A-Rod contract. Hicks’ issues really began when he started saddling the organization with debt in order to finance all manner of other things like real estate development and whatnot.
Maybe there’s a lesson in there somewhere.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 14
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 45
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17