Oct 27, 2010, 7:55 AM EDT
And you thought Yankees fans were freaking out at the possibility of not landing Cliff Lee before?
CC Sabathia was diagnosed with a minor meniscus tear of the right knee that will require surgery, The Post has learned.
Sabathia was diagnosed yesterday at Columbia Presbyterian Hospital and is expected to undergo surgery in the coming days. The Yankees do not consider the procedure significant and expect Sabathia to recover within three weeks and be fully ready for spring training.
Doesn’t sound major. Other pitchers who recently went through similar things are the Braves’ Jair Jurrjens and the Marlins’ Ricky Nolasco. Johan Santana had surgery for a torn meniscus a couple years ago. Some guys even pitch through minor tears.
- George Springer placed on 7-day concussion disabled list 0
- Video: Joey Votto ejected, bumps umpire 18
- Carlos Rodon to make first MLB start Saturday 1
- Bryce Harper’s underrated day: Three at-bats, three homers 42
- Tigers, doctors clear Justin Verlander to resume throwing 12
- Brook Jacoby and umpire Doug Eddings were in a “loud, obscenity-laced, nose-to-nose exchange” 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 143
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 11
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (143)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (96)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (95)