Oct 27, 2010, 7:55 AM EDT
And you thought Yankees fans were freaking out at the possibility of not landing Cliff Lee before?
CC Sabathia was diagnosed with a minor meniscus tear of the right knee that will require surgery, The Post has learned.
Sabathia was diagnosed yesterday at Columbia Presbyterian Hospital and is expected to undergo surgery in the coming days. The Yankees do not consider the procedure significant and expect Sabathia to recover within three weeks and be fully ready for spring training.
Doesn’t sound major. Other pitchers who recently went through similar things are the Braves’ Jair Jurrjens and the Marlins’ Ricky Nolasco. Johan Santana had surgery for a torn meniscus a couple years ago. Some guys even pitch through minor tears.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 32
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 25
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 35
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 71
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 220
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)