Oct 27, 2010, 4:33 PM EST
This is my first year of watching the playoffs while being a fully professional member of the sporting press, and I’m not going to lie to you: I find it insanely difficult to watch a playoff game without tweeting about it or chatting about it or otherwise being all socially-media about it as it’s happening. As such, we’re going to have a live chat or a live blog for every World Series game this year, starting tonight: a live chat — reader participation strongly encouraged — kicking off at 7:30 eastern, hosted by me. The post with the live chatty thing in it should be up just before then. You can wait in the lobby until I arrive.
And don’t forget to bring a beverage of your choice.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 290
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (314)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)