Oct 27, 2010, 9:24 AM EDT
OK, I’ve found something dumber than believing that your team is fated to win the World Series. Quitting your job to go watch them win (or maybe lose) the World Series. Meet Boris Briskin:
The Plano native has been dreaming the Rangers would make it to the World Series since he was 10 years old. It was a dream he took with him to Los Angeles, where he works at a law firm. So when Briskin realized the Rangers might actually go all the way, he knew he had to be back in Texas. With little hesitation, he quit his job and has been staying with friends in Dallas for the past week.
“If I wasn’t here right now I would definitely be at work. And if the Rangers weren’t in the playoffs I would not be in Dallas right now,” he said.
Look, normally I’m the number one “quit your job at a law firm” advocate on the planet, but it’s a pretty rough economy out there. I know lawyers who’ve been looking for work for a long time now. I know Buck and McCarver will take about 78% of the joy out of seeing your team win the World Series, but watching it all on TV has to beat unemployment, right? I mean, the guy went to law school, so he has to be able to see the logic inherit in that, doesn’t he?
He is confident he will find a new job when he returns to California.
Well, then. OK. Maybe not.
(link via Big League Stew)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 35
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 38
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 89
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (122)