Oct 27, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
Some of you may be tired of Josh Hamilton: Human Interest Story, but it doesn’t get old to me. He truly was a can’t-miss prospect, and the way he’s hit so hard these past few years makes us wonder what might have been had he had a normal path of development and if he had broke in sooner.
The latest pass at this story is by Jennifer Langosch of MLB.com, and it’s a good one. Best read it to get some depth and nuance now so you can more easily mute the TV when Tim McCarver stumbles through some variation of “yeah, he, uh, has really come a long way, Joe” tonight.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)