Oct 27, 2010, 5:30 PM EST
Some of you may be tired of Josh Hamilton: Human Interest Story, but it doesn’t get old to me. He truly was a can’t-miss prospect, and the way he’s hit so hard these past few years makes us wonder what might have been had he had a normal path of development and if he had broke in sooner.
The latest pass at this story is by Jennifer Langosch of MLB.com, and it’s a good one. Best read it to get some depth and nuance now so you can more easily mute the TV when Tim McCarver stumbles through some variation of “yeah, he, uh, has really come a long way, Joe” tonight.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (137)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)