Oct 27, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
Some of you may be tired of Josh Hamilton: Human Interest Story, but it doesn’t get old to me. He truly was a can’t-miss prospect, and the way he’s hit so hard these past few years makes us wonder what might have been had he had a normal path of development and if he had broke in sooner.
The latest pass at this story is by Jennifer Langosch of MLB.com, and it’s a good one. Best read it to get some depth and nuance now so you can more easily mute the TV when Tim McCarver stumbles through some variation of “yeah, he, uh, has really come a long way, Joe” tonight.
- Ryne Sandberg opines on baseball’s steroid era 19
- Watch David Wells’ perfect game from 15 years ago today 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 61
- Army Lt. Col. surprises daughter on ceremonial first pitch 34
- Bryce Harper in Nationals’ lineup for first time since crashing into right field wall 8
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness