Oct 27, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
Some of you may be tired of Josh Hamilton: Human Interest Story, but it doesn’t get old to me. He truly was a can’t-miss prospect, and the way he’s hit so hard these past few years makes us wonder what might have been had he had a normal path of development and if he had broke in sooner.
The latest pass at this story is by Jennifer Langosch of MLB.com, and it’s a good one. Best read it to get some depth and nuance now so you can more easily mute the TV when Tim McCarver stumbles through some variation of “yeah, he, uh, has really come a long way, Joe” tonight.
- George Springer placed on 7-day concussion disabled list 1
- Video: Joey Votto ejected, bumps umpire 24
- Carlos Rodon to make first MLB start Saturday 1
- Bryce Harper’s underrated day: Three at-bats, three homers 43
- Tigers, doctors clear Justin Verlander to resume throwing 18
- Brook Jacoby and umpire Doug Eddings were in a “loud, obscenity-laced, nose-to-nose exchange” 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 143
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 11
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (143)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (96)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (95)