Must-Click Link: How Josh Hamilton got where he is today

Oct 27, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT

Click Here large

Some of you may be tired of Josh Hamilton: Human Interest Story, but it doesn’t get old to me.  He truly was a can’t-miss prospect, and the way he’s hit so hard these past few years makes us wonder what might have been had he had a normal path of development and if he had broke in sooner.

The latest pass at this story is by Jennifer Langosch of MLB.com, and it’s a good one.  Best read it to get some depth and nuance now so you can more easily mute the TV when Tim McCarver stumbles through some variation of “yeah, he, uh, has really come a long way, Joe” tonight.

1. WhenMattStairsIsKing - Oct 27, 2010 at 5:36 PM

It’s amazing to see someone come on top like Josh did; it’s inspiring, and it’s a nice contrast to see in a ballplayer.

2. yankees1996 - Oct 27, 2010 at 5:46 PM

I like Josh Hamilton and there is no one more deserving of success, Congrats to him. I absolutely, positively with no reservation in mind or heart can honestly say that I cannot stand Tim McCarver and he is the sole reason that I am still on the fence about whether or not to watch tonights game and the series in general. That guy is a complete LOSER!

• Richard In Big D - Oct 27, 2010 at 5:54 PM

At least he isn’t Buck Martinez. He has made me come close to throwing the TV out the window.

3. yetisizz - Oct 27, 2010 at 5:56 PM

if you have the the ability to stream mlb radio( I use the mlb app on my phone) pause your dvr until it sync with the radio broadcasts. Then you got local radio broadcasters who really care about one of the teams and no buck or mccarver.

4. Richard In Big D - Oct 27, 2010 at 6:19 PM

As a Rangers fan, I’ve seen, heard or read that story dozens of times. I still have to wipe a tear or two away when I hear it again. Josh is a truly inspirational figure.

5. kinggeorge96 - Oct 28, 2010 at 10:12 AM

Good for him… He’s come a long way, and it never gets old when someone works that hard to turn their life around.

Orioles turn AL East on its head