Oct 27, 2010, 3:35 PM EST
If I had a dime for each Phillies or Yankees fan I’ve heard say that they didn’t plan on watching the World Series I’d, well, I wouldn’t be rich, but I’d have a bunch of dimes. Maybe I can see not watching the whole series, but if you’re a baseball fan and you’re not watching Lee vs. Lincecum tonight, well, God help you.
If you’re a New Yorker and you still can’t get into it, then at least do me a favor and read these columns from Gary Hoenig an Filip Bondy, each of whom take a walk down New York Giants memory lane. Granted, there’s a bit of “Hey! Remember that New York is the center of baseball!” that likely went into these stories even being written, but even if that’s a tad annoying, it happens to be true.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 72
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (174)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (146)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)