Oct 27, 2010, 3:35 PM EST
If I had a dime for each Phillies or Yankees fan I’ve heard say that they didn’t plan on watching the World Series I’d, well, I wouldn’t be rich, but I’d have a bunch of dimes. Maybe I can see not watching the whole series, but if you’re a baseball fan and you’re not watching Lee vs. Lincecum tonight, well, God help you.
If you’re a New Yorker and you still can’t get into it, then at least do me a favor and read these columns from Gary Hoenig an Filip Bondy, each of whom take a walk down New York Giants memory lane. Granted, there’s a bit of “Hey! Remember that New York is the center of baseball!” that likely went into these stories even being written, but even if that’s a tad annoying, it happens to be true.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)