Oct 27, 2010, 3:35 PM EDT
If I had a dime for each Phillies or Yankees fan I’ve heard say that they didn’t plan on watching the World Series I’d, well, I wouldn’t be rich, but I’d have a bunch of dimes. Maybe I can see not watching the whole series, but if you’re a baseball fan and you’re not watching Lee vs. Lincecum tonight, well, God help you.
If you’re a New Yorker and you still can’t get into it, then at least do me a favor and read these columns from Gary Hoenig an Filip Bondy, each of whom take a walk down New York Giants memory lane. Granted, there’s a bit of “Hey! Remember that New York is the center of baseball!” that likely went into these stories even being written, but even if that’s a tad annoying, it happens to be true.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona