Oct 27, 2010, 3:35 PM EDT
If I had a dime for each Phillies or Yankees fan I’ve heard say that they didn’t plan on watching the World Series I’d, well, I wouldn’t be rich, but I’d have a bunch of dimes. Maybe I can see not watching the whole series, but if you’re a baseball fan and you’re not watching Lee vs. Lincecum tonight, well, God help you.
If you’re a New Yorker and you still can’t get into it, then at least do me a favor and read these columns from Gary Hoenig an Filip Bondy, each of whom take a walk down New York Giants memory lane. Granted, there’s a bit of “Hey! Remember that New York is the center of baseball!” that likely went into these stories even being written, but even if that’s a tad annoying, it happens to be true.
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 5
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 58
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 46
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (248)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)