Oct 27, 2010, 2:19 PM EDT
San Francisco made no changes to its roster for the World Series, but Texas made a minor switch in the bullpen by dropping left-hander Clay Rapada and replacing him with right-hander Mark Lowe.
Rapada was added to the ALCS roster to help combat the Yankees’ left-handed hitters, and particularly Robinson Cano, but he failed to do the job particularly well. Beyond that the Giants’ lineup is heavy on right-handed bats, with Aubrey Huff the only left-handed hitter likely to see significant action.
Lowe was acquired from the Mariners as a sort of throw-in to the Cliff Lee trade and spent his first two months as Rangers property on the disabled list following back surgery. However, prior to going under the knife he had a 3.95 ERA and 154 strikeouts in 175 innings for the Mariners and when healthy has a mid-90s fastball.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 114
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 64
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (127)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)