Oct 27, 2010, 1:06 PM EST
I’m torn on this World Series preview from CBS Sports.com’s Larry Dobrow. On the one hand, it’s almost certainly a sharp-as-a-tack satire of every hack columnist’s “intangibles” analysis. On the other hand, it’s so spot-on that you just know people are going to link it without realizing it’s satire.
Heck, I wouldn’t be surprised if Buck and McCarver used it as the primary source for their game prep.
- Mark Prior’s retirement reminds us that young pitchers will break your heart 2
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 48
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 61
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)