Oct 27, 2010, 1:59 PM EDT
Great news to all of us who think that baseball is a more worthy pursuit than litigation: that lawyer who filed the motion for a continuance in order to go to the World Series got his motion granted. He tweets:
The judge just granted my motion to continue Whew. .Good thing- I am on a plane in Houston. Go Rangers. That’s how lawyering go.
I’d like to think that the dude actually got on the plane before knowing if his motion was going to be granted. My guess, though, is that he called the judge before he ever filed the motion, the judge said “no worries, just file some papers to that there’s a record,” and then boyo filed his hilarious motion knowing it would be granted.
If not, though: he’s got a set of brass ones.
(thanks to metsgrrl for the heads up)
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 0
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 31
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 55
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 23
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 140
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 135
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (140)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (136)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)