Oct 27, 2010, 1:59 PM EDT
Great news to all of us who think that baseball is a more worthy pursuit than litigation: that lawyer who filed the motion for a continuance in order to go to the World Series got his motion granted. He tweets:
The judge just granted my motion to continue Whew. .Good thing- I am on a plane in Houston. Go Rangers. That’s how lawyering go.
I’d like to think that the dude actually got on the plane before knowing if his motion was going to be granted. My guess, though, is that he called the judge before he ever filed the motion, the judge said “no worries, just file some papers to that there’s a record,” and then boyo filed his hilarious motion knowing it would be granted.
If not, though: he’s got a set of brass ones.
(thanks to metsgrrl for the heads up)
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 35
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 10
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 60
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)