Oct 27, 2010, 1:59 PM EDT
Great news to all of us who think that baseball is a more worthy pursuit than litigation: that lawyer who filed the motion for a continuance in order to go to the World Series got his motion granted. He tweets:
The judge just granted my motion to continue Whew. .Good thing- I am on a plane in Houston. Go Rangers. That’s how lawyering go.
I’d like to think that the dude actually got on the plane before knowing if his motion was going to be granted. My guess, though, is that he called the judge before he ever filed the motion, the judge said “no worries, just file some papers to that there’s a record,” and then boyo filed his hilarious motion knowing it would be granted.
If not, though: he’s got a set of brass ones.
(thanks to metsgrrl for the heads up)
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 7
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 11
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 88
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)