Oct 27, 2010, 1:59 PM EDT
Great news to all of us who think that baseball is a more worthy pursuit than litigation: that lawyer who filed the motion for a continuance in order to go to the World Series got his motion granted. He tweets:
The judge just granted my motion to continue Whew. .Good thing- I am on a plane in Houston. Go Rangers. That’s how lawyering go.
I’d like to think that the dude actually got on the plane before knowing if his motion was going to be granted. My guess, though, is that he called the judge before he ever filed the motion, the judge said “no worries, just file some papers to that there’s a record,” and then boyo filed his hilarious motion knowing it would be granted.
If not, though: he’s got a set of brass ones.
(thanks to metsgrrl for the heads up)
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 52
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)