Oct 27, 2010, 1:59 PM EDT
Great news to all of us who think that baseball is a more worthy pursuit than litigation: that lawyer who filed the motion for a continuance in order to go to the World Series got his motion granted. He tweets:
The judge just granted my motion to continue Whew. .Good thing- I am on a plane in Houston. Go Rangers. That’s how lawyering go.
I’d like to think that the dude actually got on the plane before knowing if his motion was going to be granted. My guess, though, is that he called the judge before he ever filed the motion, the judge said “no worries, just file some papers to that there’s a record,” and then boyo filed his hilarious motion knowing it would be granted.
If not, though: he’s got a set of brass ones.
(thanks to metsgrrl for the heads up)
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 20
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 24
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 20
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)