Oct 27, 2010, 4:16 PM EDT
Here’s the Giants’ lineup for Game 1 of the World Series tonight against Cliff Lee:
1. Andres Torres, CF
2. Freddy Sanchez, 2B
3. Buster Posey, C
4. Pat Burrell, LF
5. Cody Ross, RF
6. Aubrey Huff, 1B
7. Juan Uribe, 3B
8. Edgar Renteria, SS
9. Tim Lincecum, P
Tonight is just the second time this postseason that the Giants have faced a left-handed starting pitcher. They beat Cole Hamels in Game 3 of the NLCS and as he did then manager Bruce Bochy has moved Posey from the cleanup spot to No. 3 in the lineup. Burrell and Ross also move up one spot apiece from their usual places, with the left-handed-hitting Huff dropping from third to sixth.
Torres is healthy enough to start after injuring his hip and groin diving into first base in Game 6 of the NLCS on Saturday. He’ll lead off, with Aaron Rowand on the bench. Pablo Sandoval is also on the bench in favor of Uribe at third base.
During the regular season San Francisco ranked 11th among NL teams with a .716 OPS against left-handers and the Giants have had a total of just 52 at-bats versus lefties in 10 playoff games.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 15
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 14
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54