Oct 27, 2010, 4:16 PM EST
Here’s the Giants’ lineup for Game 1 of the World Series tonight against Cliff Lee:
1. Andres Torres, CF
2. Freddy Sanchez, 2B
3. Buster Posey, C
4. Pat Burrell, LF
5. Cody Ross, RF
6. Aubrey Huff, 1B
7. Juan Uribe, 3B
8. Edgar Renteria, SS
9. Tim Lincecum, P
Tonight is just the second time this postseason that the Giants have faced a left-handed starting pitcher. They beat Cole Hamels in Game 3 of the NLCS and as he did then manager Bruce Bochy has moved Posey from the cleanup spot to No. 3 in the lineup. Burrell and Ross also move up one spot apiece from their usual places, with the left-handed-hitting Huff dropping from third to sixth.
Torres is healthy enough to start after injuring his hip and groin diving into first base in Game 6 of the NLCS on Saturday. He’ll lead off, with Aaron Rowand on the bench. Pablo Sandoval is also on the bench in favor of Uribe at third base.
During the regular season San Francisco ranked 11th among NL teams with a .716 OPS against left-handers and the Giants have had a total of just 52 at-bats versus lefties in 10 playoff games.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 30
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)