Oct 27, 2010, 4:16 PM EDT
Here’s the Giants’ lineup for Game 1 of the World Series tonight against Cliff Lee:
1. Andres Torres, CF
2. Freddy Sanchez, 2B
3. Buster Posey, C
4. Pat Burrell, LF
5. Cody Ross, RF
6. Aubrey Huff, 1B
7. Juan Uribe, 3B
8. Edgar Renteria, SS
9. Tim Lincecum, P
Tonight is just the second time this postseason that the Giants have faced a left-handed starting pitcher. They beat Cole Hamels in Game 3 of the NLCS and as he did then manager Bruce Bochy has moved Posey from the cleanup spot to No. 3 in the lineup. Burrell and Ross also move up one spot apiece from their usual places, with the left-handed-hitting Huff dropping from third to sixth.
Torres is healthy enough to start after injuring his hip and groin diving into first base in Game 6 of the NLCS on Saturday. He’ll lead off, with Aaron Rowand on the bench. Pablo Sandoval is also on the bench in favor of Uribe at third base.
During the regular season San Francisco ranked 11th among NL teams with a .716 OPS against left-handers and the Giants have had a total of just 52 at-bats versus lefties in 10 playoff games.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (122)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy