Oct 28, 2010, 2:02 PM EDT
Girardi gets three more years to wean himself off managing-by-numbers. Good luck.
Not that ripping Girardi for actually playing the percentages is anything new for Klapisch. But even if Klapisch can’t help himself, you’d think the guy would get more than, oh 360 days after winning the World Series before having to wean himself off anything. But then again, I’ve never understood New York.
What I would like to see, though, is what kind of reception Girardi would get from the media if he did something just totally counter-intuitive, it backfired, and then when asked about it he said “I know the book said not to do that, but I had a gut feeling.”
Figure he’d be celebrated for it?
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 76
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 23
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 93
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)