Oct 28, 2010, 2:02 PM EDT
Girardi gets three more years to wean himself off managing-by-numbers. Good luck.
Not that ripping Girardi for actually playing the percentages is anything new for Klapisch. But even if Klapisch can’t help himself, you’d think the guy would get more than, oh 360 days after winning the World Series before having to wean himself off anything. But then again, I’ve never understood New York.
What I would like to see, though, is what kind of reception Girardi would get from the media if he did something just totally counter-intuitive, it backfired, and then when asked about it he said “I know the book said not to do that, but I had a gut feeling.”
Figure he’d be celebrated for it?
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)