Oct 28, 2010, 2:02 PM EDT
Girardi gets three more years to wean himself off managing-by-numbers. Good luck.
Not that ripping Girardi for actually playing the percentages is anything new for Klapisch. But even if Klapisch can’t help himself, you’d think the guy would get more than, oh 360 days after winning the World Series before having to wean himself off anything. But then again, I’ve never understood New York.
What I would like to see, though, is what kind of reception Girardi would get from the media if he did something just totally counter-intuitive, it backfired, and then when asked about it he said “I know the book said not to do that, but I had a gut feeling.”
Figure he’d be celebrated for it?
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 14
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 17
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 91
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8