Oct 28, 2010, 2:02 PM EDT
Girardi gets three more years to wean himself off managing-by-numbers. Good luck.
Not that ripping Girardi for actually playing the percentages is anything new for Klapisch. But even if Klapisch can’t help himself, you’d think the guy would get more than, oh 360 days after winning the World Series before having to wean himself off anything. But then again, I’ve never understood New York.
What I would like to see, though, is what kind of reception Girardi would get from the media if he did something just totally counter-intuitive, it backfired, and then when asked about it he said “I know the book said not to do that, but I had a gut feeling.”
Figure he’d be celebrated for it?
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)