Oct 28, 2010, 2:02 PM EST
Girardi gets three more years to wean himself off managing-by-numbers. Good luck.
Not that ripping Girardi for actually playing the percentages is anything new for Klapisch. But even if Klapisch can’t help himself, you’d think the guy would get more than, oh 360 days after winning the World Series before having to wean himself off anything. But then again, I’ve never understood New York.
What I would like to see, though, is what kind of reception Girardi would get from the media if he did something just totally counter-intuitive, it backfired, and then when asked about it he said “I know the book said not to do that, but I had a gut feeling.”
Figure he’d be celebrated for it?
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 0
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 80
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 34
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 13
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 119
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (119)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (94)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)