McCovey Cove was . . . crowded

Oct 28, 2010, 11:01 AM EDT

My favorite pic from last night's game that did not involve Vlad Guerrero stumbling around like my Uncle Harry.

At some point, you figure one of these people would have rowed their little boat out there and realized “man, even if someone does hit a ball out here, I ain’t gettin’ it,” and then rowed the hell back home to watch the game in comfort.  Oh well.

1. BC - Oct 28, 2010 at 11:26 AM

Entrepreneurial idea:
    Buy 30 30-packs of beer, load up a boat and hit the Cove. $2.50 for a can of beer. You’d net easily $2000 a night.
    Which I suppose would pay your bail money for operating without a liquor license if you get caught… but still, its an idea.

• Charles Gates - Oct 28, 2010 at 12:00 PM

Wait, you don’t already have 30 30-packs of beer on hand? Tsk tsk.

• BC - Oct 28, 2010 at 12:14 PM

I actually don’t drink beer much any more. I’m a Jack Daniels or Johnnie Walker guy.

• Charles Gates - Oct 28, 2010 at 12:25 PM

Give Bulleit bourbon a try. Besides, JD is distilled in the wrong state.

• Jonny 5 - Oct 28, 2010 at 12:51 PM

Dude, ameratureish of you BC. When you need to land a gig like that, you bring a pocket full of stones. Sell your “pet rocks” for 3$ a pop, and you get a free beer with your purchase. Yeah, i thought 2.50 was too cheap…

2. mcsnide - Oct 28, 2010 at 11:41 AM

Really doesn’t look any more crowded than I remember it looking when Barry was chasing Hank. Maybe I’m misremembering, though.

3. Chris Fiorentino - Oct 28, 2010 at 12:17 PM

How about this shot during the home run derby in SF a few years back…

• IdahoMariner - Oct 28, 2010 at 1:19 PM

I remember thinking back then that it must’ve pissed off the kayakers that that enormous inflated baseball was taking up so much prime ball-catching real estate.

4. keg64 - Oct 28, 2010 at 12:17 PM

Men in close confines, not in any hurry to leave…..chasing theoretical balls…..yep, its San Fran

5. bumblebobbie - Oct 28, 2010 at 4:54 PM

Does anyone know if you boat into McCovey, is there a place to use the bathroom? 30 beers is alot to hold in until after the game…

This was 'the perfect baseball game'
  1. G. Springer (3848)