Oct 28, 2010, 3:17 PM EDT
I wrote this morning about how the Mets have until Sunday to re-sign Hisanori Takahashi or they’ll be all but guaranteed to lose him as a free agent because of a clause in his contract, but the left-hander switched agents yesterday and is now trying to extend the deadline.
Takahashi’s new agent, Arn Tellem, told Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com that he’s “in discussions with the Mets to extend the negotiating deadline.” Of course, whether or not the Mets offer enough to keep Takahashi from choosing free agency anyway is another issue.
After a decade in Japan the 35-year-old southpaw split time between the rotation and bullpen this season, going 10-6 with eight saves and a 3.61 ERA in 122 innings.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 75
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 77
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 102
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (104)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)
- Jonathan Papelbon blows save, gets ejected for making rude gesture at booing crowd (77)