Oct 28, 2010, 3:17 PM EDT
I wrote this morning about how the Mets have until Sunday to re-sign Hisanori Takahashi or they’ll be all but guaranteed to lose him as a free agent because of a clause in his contract, but the left-hander switched agents yesterday and is now trying to extend the deadline.
Takahashi’s new agent, Arn Tellem, told Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com that he’s “in discussions with the Mets to extend the negotiating deadline.” Of course, whether or not the Mets offer enough to keep Takahashi from choosing free agency anyway is another issue.
After a decade in Japan the 35-year-old southpaw split time between the rotation and bullpen this season, going 10-6 with eight saves and a 3.61 ERA in 122 innings.
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 81
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 125
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (125)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (87)