Oct 28, 2010, 3:17 PM EDT
I wrote this morning about how the Mets have until Sunday to re-sign Hisanori Takahashi or they’ll be all but guaranteed to lose him as a free agent because of a clause in his contract, but the left-hander switched agents yesterday and is now trying to extend the deadline.
Takahashi’s new agent, Arn Tellem, told Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com that he’s “in discussions with the Mets to extend the negotiating deadline.” Of course, whether or not the Mets offer enough to keep Takahashi from choosing free agency anyway is another issue.
After a decade in Japan the 35-year-old southpaw split time between the rotation and bullpen this season, going 10-6 with eight saves and a 3.61 ERA in 122 innings.
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 8
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 11
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 26
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 23
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (97)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)