Oct 28, 2010, 2:39 AM EDT
Juan Uribe made a lot of people happy in San Francisco on Wednesday night.
Not only did his three-run home run in the fifth inning give the Giants an 8-2 lead over the Rangers on the way to an 11-7 Game 1 victory, it also provided some free “medicine” for some ailing San Franciscans.
According to TMZ.com, a San Francisco marijuana dispensary pledged to give one free joint to any Giants fan present in the shop when a Giant hits a home run during the World Series.
We’re not sure if the shop paid up when Uribe launched his shot from the yard, or even if there was anyone in attendance at the time. One thing we know is that Tim Lincecum’s presence was accounted for.
So which is better, free joints for Giants home runs or free drinks for Miami Heat losses? Or maybe it’s free pancakes when the Seattle Seahawks score three touchdowns, which isn’t quite the slam dunk you might assume.
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 25
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 2
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 12
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 142
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)