Oct 28, 2010, 2:39 AM EDT
Juan Uribe made a lot of people happy in San Francisco on Wednesday night.
Not only did his three-run home run in the fifth inning give the Giants an 8-2 lead over the Rangers on the way to an 11-7 Game 1 victory, it also provided some free “medicine” for some ailing San Franciscans.
According to TMZ.com, a San Francisco marijuana dispensary pledged to give one free joint to any Giants fan present in the shop when a Giant hits a home run during the World Series.
We’re not sure if the shop paid up when Uribe launched his shot from the yard, or even if there was anyone in attendance at the time. One thing we know is that Tim Lincecum’s presence was accounted for.
So which is better, free joints for Giants home runs or free drinks for Miami Heat losses? Or maybe it’s free pancakes when the Seattle Seahawks score three touchdowns, which isn’t quite the slam dunk you might assume.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 38
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (99)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)