Oct 28, 2010, 2:39 AM EDT
Juan Uribe made a lot of people happy in San Francisco on Wednesday night.
Not only did his three-run home run in the fifth inning give the Giants an 8-2 lead over the Rangers on the way to an 11-7 Game 1 victory, it also provided some free “medicine” for some ailing San Franciscans.
According to TMZ.com, a San Francisco marijuana dispensary pledged to give one free joint to any Giants fan present in the shop when a Giant hits a home run during the World Series.
We’re not sure if the shop paid up when Uribe launched his shot from the yard, or even if there was anyone in attendance at the time. One thing we know is that Tim Lincecum’s presence was accounted for.
So which is better, free joints for Giants home runs or free drinks for Miami Heat losses? Or maybe it’s free pancakes when the Seattle Seahawks score three touchdowns, which isn’t quite the slam dunk you might assume.
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 43
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 32
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 19
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (75)