Oct 28, 2010, 2:39 AM EDT
Juan Uribe made a lot of people happy in San Francisco on Wednesday night.
Not only did his three-run home run in the fifth inning give the Giants an 8-2 lead over the Rangers on the way to an 11-7 Game 1 victory, it also provided some free “medicine” for some ailing San Franciscans.
According to TMZ.com, a San Francisco marijuana dispensary pledged to give one free joint to any Giants fan present in the shop when a Giant hits a home run during the World Series.
We’re not sure if the shop paid up when Uribe launched his shot from the yard, or even if there was anyone in attendance at the time. One thing we know is that Tim Lincecum’s presence was accounted for.
So which is better, free joints for Giants home runs or free drinks for Miami Heat losses? Or maybe it’s free pancakes when the Seattle Seahawks score three touchdowns, which isn’t quite the slam dunk you might assume.
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 0
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 21
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 66
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 134
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)