Oct 28, 2010, 2:39 AM EDT
Juan Uribe made a lot of people happy in San Francisco on Wednesday night.
Not only did his three-run home run in the fifth inning give the Giants an 8-2 lead over the Rangers on the way to an 11-7 Game 1 victory, it also provided some free “medicine” for some ailing San Franciscans.
According to TMZ.com, a San Francisco marijuana dispensary pledged to give one free joint to any Giants fan present in the shop when a Giant hits a home run during the World Series.
We’re not sure if the shop paid up when Uribe launched his shot from the yard, or even if there was anyone in attendance at the time. One thing we know is that Tim Lincecum’s presence was accounted for.
So which is better, free joints for Giants home runs or free drinks for Miami Heat losses? Or maybe it’s free pancakes when the Seattle Seahawks score three touchdowns, which isn’t quite the slam dunk you might assume.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (107)