Oct 28, 2010, 10:04 AM EDT
Either StubHub is lying or else there are going to be a couple of deluded, perspective-free people sitting in AT&T park tonight: Eric Fisher of SBJ tweets:
StubHub hits new price highwater mark for World Series: pair of Dugout Club seats sold for tonight at $7,223 each. Demand overall still big.
That’s a piece, not for the pair, though at those prices it hardly matters. I can’t think of what would possess me, no matter how much money I had, to pay that kind of scratch for a World Series ticket. I wouldn’t even do it if some wizard were able to alter the timeline and make it a matchup between the 1927 and 1998 New York Yankees (I like 1998 in 5, by the way).
Another thought: if you have over $14K to blow on World Series tickets, but you don’t have the kind of connections to simply get you a couple of choice seats gratis in the first place, you’re all hat and no cattle as far as millionaires go. Because at some point, it ain’t about the money. It’s about the access the money provides you. Or at least, so I’m told.
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 2
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 3
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 58
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 12
- Don Mattingly may be uttering his last words as Dodgers manager 49
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (110)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (70)
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- LIVE: Heat, Pacers go to overtime in Game 1
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games