Oct 28, 2010, 10:04 AM EDT
Either StubHub is lying or else there are going to be a couple of deluded, perspective-free people sitting in AT&T park tonight: Eric Fisher of SBJ tweets:
StubHub hits new price highwater mark for World Series: pair of Dugout Club seats sold for tonight at $7,223 each. Demand overall still big.
That’s a piece, not for the pair, though at those prices it hardly matters. I can’t think of what would possess me, no matter how much money I had, to pay that kind of scratch for a World Series ticket. I wouldn’t even do it if some wizard were able to alter the timeline and make it a matchup between the 1927 and 1998 New York Yankees (I like 1998 in 5, by the way).
Another thought: if you have over $14K to blow on World Series tickets, but you don’t have the kind of connections to simply get you a couple of choice seats gratis in the first place, you’re all hat and no cattle as far as millionaires go. Because at some point, it ain’t about the money. It’s about the access the money provides you. Or at least, so I’m told.
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 15
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 89
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (110)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)