Oct 28, 2010, 10:04 AM EST
Either StubHub is lying or else there are going to be a couple of deluded, perspective-free people sitting in AT&T park tonight: Eric Fisher of SBJ tweets:
StubHub hits new price highwater mark for World Series: pair of Dugout Club seats sold for tonight at $7,223 each. Demand overall still big.
That’s a piece, not for the pair, though at those prices it hardly matters. I can’t think of what would possess me, no matter how much money I had, to pay that kind of scratch for a World Series ticket. I wouldn’t even do it if some wizard were able to alter the timeline and make it a matchup between the 1927 and 1998 New York Yankees (I like 1998 in 5, by the way).
Another thought: if you have over $14K to blow on World Series tickets, but you don’t have the kind of connections to simply get you a couple of choice seats gratis in the first place, you’re all hat and no cattle as far as millionaires go. Because at some point, it ain’t about the money. It’s about the access the money provides you. Or at least, so I’m told.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)