Oct 28, 2010, 10:04 AM EDT
Either StubHub is lying or else there are going to be a couple of deluded, perspective-free people sitting in AT&T park tonight: Eric Fisher of SBJ tweets:
StubHub hits new price highwater mark for World Series: pair of Dugout Club seats sold for tonight at $7,223 each. Demand overall still big.
That’s a piece, not for the pair, though at those prices it hardly matters. I can’t think of what would possess me, no matter how much money I had, to pay that kind of scratch for a World Series ticket. I wouldn’t even do it if some wizard were able to alter the timeline and make it a matchup between the 1927 and 1998 New York Yankees (I like 1998 in 5, by the way).
Another thought: if you have over $14K to blow on World Series tickets, but you don’t have the kind of connections to simply get you a couple of choice seats gratis in the first place, you’re all hat and no cattle as far as millionaires go. Because at some point, it ain’t about the money. It’s about the access the money provides you. Or at least, so I’m told.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 6
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 3
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 37
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)