Oct 29, 2010, 10:30 AM EST
. . . We should probably remember that the Rangers got shut out last night. It’s something that, in a rush to make clever jokes about Neftali Feliz’s whereabouts, I sort of forgot this morning. Yes, you’d hope that a pennant winning manager would make better decisions when down 2-0 in the eighth inning on the road — and you have to worry that he may commit further malpractice as the series wears on — but ultimately he could have put Jeff Russel or Tom Henke in there and it wouldn’t have made any difference. The Rangers were beat because they couldn’t do jack against Matt Cain. Not because of who got the call from the bullpen.
See the video below: after the game the Rangers all agreed. Washington, Michael Young, Josh Hamilton and Nelson Cruz all talked about the bats. Hamilton’s constant refrain of “not getting the job done” could maybe be construed as an oblique comment on the relief corps, but that’s probably a reach. They all know they have to hit to win, and last night they didn’t hit.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (131)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)