Oct 29, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
. . . We should probably remember that the Rangers got shut out last night. It’s something that, in a rush to make clever jokes about Neftali Feliz’s whereabouts, I sort of forgot this morning. Yes, you’d hope that a pennant winning manager would make better decisions when down 2-0 in the eighth inning on the road — and you have to worry that he may commit further malpractice as the series wears on — but ultimately he could have put Jeff Russel or Tom Henke in there and it wouldn’t have made any difference. The Rangers were beat because they couldn’t do jack against Matt Cain. Not because of who got the call from the bullpen.
See the video below: after the game the Rangers all agreed. Washington, Michael Young, Josh Hamilton and Nelson Cruz all talked about the bats. Hamilton’s constant refrain of “not getting the job done” could maybe be construed as an oblique comment on the relief corps, but that’s probably a reach. They all know they have to hit to win, and last night they didn’t hit.
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 50
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 6
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (89)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)