Oct 29, 2010, 10:30 AM EST
. . . We should probably remember that the Rangers got shut out last night. It’s something that, in a rush to make clever jokes about Neftali Feliz’s whereabouts, I sort of forgot this morning. Yes, you’d hope that a pennant winning manager would make better decisions when down 2-0 in the eighth inning on the road — and you have to worry that he may commit further malpractice as the series wears on — but ultimately he could have put Jeff Russel or Tom Henke in there and it wouldn’t have made any difference. The Rangers were beat because they couldn’t do jack against Matt Cain. Not because of who got the call from the bullpen.
See the video below: after the game the Rangers all agreed. Washington, Michael Young, Josh Hamilton and Nelson Cruz all talked about the bats. Hamilton’s constant refrain of “not getting the job done” could maybe be construed as an oblique comment on the relief corps, but that’s probably a reach. They all know they have to hit to win, and last night they didn’t hit.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 230
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (234)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)