Oct 29, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
. . . We should probably remember that the Rangers got shut out last night. It’s something that, in a rush to make clever jokes about Neftali Feliz’s whereabouts, I sort of forgot this morning. Yes, you’d hope that a pennant winning manager would make better decisions when down 2-0 in the eighth inning on the road — and you have to worry that he may commit further malpractice as the series wears on — but ultimately he could have put Jeff Russel or Tom Henke in there and it wouldn’t have made any difference. The Rangers were beat because they couldn’t do jack against Matt Cain. Not because of who got the call from the bullpen.
See the video below: after the game the Rangers all agreed. Washington, Michael Young, Josh Hamilton and Nelson Cruz all talked about the bats. Hamilton’s constant refrain of “not getting the job done” could maybe be construed as an oblique comment on the relief corps, but that’s probably a reach. They all know they have to hit to win, and last night they didn’t hit.
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 0
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 69
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 25
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 16
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (87)