Oct 29, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
. . . We should probably remember that the Rangers got shut out last night. It’s something that, in a rush to make clever jokes about Neftali Feliz’s whereabouts, I sort of forgot this morning. Yes, you’d hope that a pennant winning manager would make better decisions when down 2-0 in the eighth inning on the road — and you have to worry that he may commit further malpractice as the series wears on — but ultimately he could have put Jeff Russel or Tom Henke in there and it wouldn’t have made any difference. The Rangers were beat because they couldn’t do jack against Matt Cain. Not because of who got the call from the bullpen.
See the video below: after the game the Rangers all agreed. Washington, Michael Young, Josh Hamilton and Nelson Cruz all talked about the bats. Hamilton’s constant refrain of “not getting the job done” could maybe be construed as an oblique comment on the relief corps, but that’s probably a reach. They all know they have to hit to win, and last night they didn’t hit.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)