Oct 29, 2010, 3:18 PM EDT
With the World Series now shifting to Texas the Rangers will have Hall of Famer and team president Nolan Ryan throw out the ceremonial first pitch for Game 3 tomorrow.
After watching Ryan show off some impressive velocity and movement on his first pitch prior to Game 1 of the ALCS earlier this month I’m really hoping someone at the ballpark hooks up the Pitch-F/X machine to get an accurate reading on the 62-year-old’s stuff this time around.
Game 4 will feature former presidents George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush throwing out the ceremonial first pitches Sunday night. George W. was one of the Rangers’ owners from 1989-1998.
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 15
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59