Oct 29, 2010, 3:18 PM EST
With the World Series now shifting to Texas the Rangers will have Hall of Famer and team president Nolan Ryan throw out the ceremonial first pitch for Game 3 tomorrow.
After watching Ryan show off some impressive velocity and movement on his first pitch prior to Game 1 of the ALCS earlier this month I’m really hoping someone at the ballpark hooks up the Pitch-F/X machine to get an accurate reading on the 62-year-old’s stuff this time around.
Game 4 will feature former presidents George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush throwing out the ceremonial first pitches Sunday night. George W. was one of the Rangers’ owners from 1989-1998.
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 19
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 40
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)