Oct 29, 2010, 3:18 PM EDT
With the World Series now shifting to Texas the Rangers will have Hall of Famer and team president Nolan Ryan throw out the ceremonial first pitch for Game 3 tomorrow.
After watching Ryan show off some impressive velocity and movement on his first pitch prior to Game 1 of the ALCS earlier this month I’m really hoping someone at the ballpark hooks up the Pitch-F/X machine to get an accurate reading on the 62-year-old’s stuff this time around.
Game 4 will feature former presidents George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush throwing out the ceremonial first pitches Sunday night. George W. was one of the Rangers’ owners from 1989-1998.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 8
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 12
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 10
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 31
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)