Oct 29, 2010, 3:18 PM EDT
With the World Series now shifting to Texas the Rangers will have Hall of Famer and team president Nolan Ryan throw out the ceremonial first pitch for Game 3 tomorrow.
After watching Ryan show off some impressive velocity and movement on his first pitch prior to Game 1 of the ALCS earlier this month I’m really hoping someone at the ballpark hooks up the Pitch-F/X machine to get an accurate reading on the 62-year-old’s stuff this time around.
Game 4 will feature former presidents George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush throwing out the ceremonial first pitches Sunday night. George W. was one of the Rangers’ owners from 1989-1998.
- The Cubs to announce the hiring of Joe Maddon on Monday 41
- Cubs fire manager Rick Renteria, clear way for Joe Maddon 73
- HardballTalk’s Top 150 Free Agents for 2015 26
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 132
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 32
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 110
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 19
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 89
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (282)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game (132)
- Fox’s World Series broadcast gets a low grade from The New York Times (112)