Oct 29, 2010, 3:18 PM EDT
With the World Series now shifting to Texas the Rangers will have Hall of Famer and team president Nolan Ryan throw out the ceremonial first pitch for Game 3 tomorrow.
After watching Ryan show off some impressive velocity and movement on his first pitch prior to Game 1 of the ALCS earlier this month I’m really hoping someone at the ballpark hooks up the Pitch-F/X machine to get an accurate reading on the 62-year-old’s stuff this time around.
Game 4 will feature former presidents George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush throwing out the ceremonial first pitches Sunday night. George W. was one of the Rangers’ owners from 1989-1998.
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 34
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 28
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 18
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)