Oct 29, 2010, 8:25 PM EDT
Things are looking somewhat bleak for the Rangers right now, but Ron Washington doesn’t have any major changes up his sleeve for Game 3 against Jonathan Sanchez on Saturday night.
According to Richard Durrett of ESPNDallas.com, Washington plans to roll out the same lineup he has used lately against left-handed pitching. This means we can probably expect Mitch Moreland to get the start over Jorge Cantu at first base, Jeff Francoeur to play right field and Bengie Molina to get the start behind the plate.
We’re dealing with a small sample size here, but the Rangers have collectively hit .306/.336/.485 with six homers and an 821 OPS in 134 at-bats against left-handed pitching so far during the postseason. Another lefty, Madison Bumgarner, is slated to start Game 4 on Sunday night. If the Rangers can score some runs against these southpaws like they are capable of doing, we could be talking about a very different series by Monday morning.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 49
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 51
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 65
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)