Oct 29, 2010, 8:25 PM EDT
Things are looking somewhat bleak for the Rangers right now, but Ron Washington doesn’t have any major changes up his sleeve for Game 3 against Jonathan Sanchez on Saturday night.
According to Richard Durrett of ESPNDallas.com, Washington plans to roll out the same lineup he has used lately against left-handed pitching. This means we can probably expect Mitch Moreland to get the start over Jorge Cantu at first base, Jeff Francoeur to play right field and Bengie Molina to get the start behind the plate.
We’re dealing with a small sample size here, but the Rangers have collectively hit .306/.336/.485 with six homers and an 821 OPS in 134 at-bats against left-handed pitching so far during the postseason. Another lefty, Madison Bumgarner, is slated to start Game 4 on Sunday night. If the Rangers can score some runs against these southpaws like they are capable of doing, we could be talking about a very different series by Monday morning.
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 0
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 8
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 30
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 21
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)