Oct 29, 2010, 8:25 PM EDT
Things are looking somewhat bleak for the Rangers right now, but Ron Washington doesn’t have any major changes up his sleeve for Game 3 against Jonathan Sanchez on Saturday night.
According to Richard Durrett of ESPNDallas.com, Washington plans to roll out the same lineup he has used lately against left-handed pitching. This means we can probably expect Mitch Moreland to get the start over Jorge Cantu at first base, Jeff Francoeur to play right field and Bengie Molina to get the start behind the plate.
We’re dealing with a small sample size here, but the Rangers have collectively hit .306/.336/.485 with six homers and an 821 OPS in 134 at-bats against left-handed pitching so far during the postseason. Another lefty, Madison Bumgarner, is slated to start Game 4 on Sunday night. If the Rangers can score some runs against these southpaws like they are capable of doing, we could be talking about a very different series by Monday morning.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 168
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 70
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (170)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)