Oct 29, 2010, 8:48 AM EST
I have three observations regarding the Jose Guillen HGH investigation:
- I am shocked, shocked that Guillen is tied up with HGH. Oh wait, no I’m not. Not one bit. All that’s missing now is for Dayton Moore to waltz in and give him another $36 million contract as soon as this thing is over;
- According to the report, the HGH was shipped to an address associated with Guillen’s wife. Poor Jose. He’s had an awful history of trusting wives and girlfriends with important matters.
- If Guillen was using HGH, can we finally dispense with the fantasy that HGH is performance enhancing? Short of that, can he get out of a 50 game suspension here, seeing as though the stuff he was being sent was obviously the HGH equivalent of oregano in a dime bag?
Oh well. Assuming this plays out how we think it will, Mike Morgan, Matt Stairs, and Ron Villone’s record for most franchises played for in a career is safe. Jose will likely end with ten, falling two short of those dudes. Sad, really.
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 60
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 234
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 160
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (234)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (100)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)