Oct 29, 2010, 8:48 AM EDT
I have three observations regarding the Jose Guillen HGH investigation:
- I am shocked, shocked that Guillen is tied up with HGH. Oh wait, no I’m not. Not one bit. All that’s missing now is for Dayton Moore to waltz in and give him another $36 million contract as soon as this thing is over;
- According to the report, the HGH was shipped to an address associated with Guillen’s wife. Poor Jose. He’s had an awful history of trusting wives and girlfriends with important matters.
- If Guillen was using HGH, can we finally dispense with the fantasy that HGH is performance enhancing? Short of that, can he get out of a 50 game suspension here, seeing as though the stuff he was being sent was obviously the HGH equivalent of oregano in a dime bag?
Oh well. Assuming this plays out how we think it will, Mike Morgan, Matt Stairs, and Ron Villone’s record for most franchises played for in a career is safe. Jose will likely end with ten, falling two short of those dudes. Sad, really.
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 0
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 3
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 9
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 47
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 29
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)