Oct 29, 2010, 8:48 AM EDT
I have three observations regarding the Jose Guillen HGH investigation:
- I am shocked, shocked that Guillen is tied up with HGH. Oh wait, no I’m not. Not one bit. All that’s missing now is for Dayton Moore to waltz in and give him another $36 million contract as soon as this thing is over;
- According to the report, the HGH was shipped to an address associated with Guillen’s wife. Poor Jose. He’s had an awful history of trusting wives and girlfriends with important matters.
- If Guillen was using HGH, can we finally dispense with the fantasy that HGH is performance enhancing? Short of that, can he get out of a 50 game suspension here, seeing as though the stuff he was being sent was obviously the HGH equivalent of oregano in a dime bag?
Oh well. Assuming this plays out how we think it will, Mike Morgan, Matt Stairs, and Ron Villone’s record for most franchises played for in a career is safe. Jose will likely end with ten, falling two short of those dudes. Sad, really.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract 153
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)