Oct 29, 2010, 8:48 AM EDT
I have three observations regarding the Jose Guillen HGH investigation:
- I am shocked, shocked that Guillen is tied up with HGH. Oh wait, no I’m not. Not one bit. All that’s missing now is for Dayton Moore to waltz in and give him another $36 million contract as soon as this thing is over;
- According to the report, the HGH was shipped to an address associated with Guillen’s wife. Poor Jose. He’s had an awful history of trusting wives and girlfriends with important matters.
- If Guillen was using HGH, can we finally dispense with the fantasy that HGH is performance enhancing? Short of that, can he get out of a 50 game suspension here, seeing as though the stuff he was being sent was obviously the HGH equivalent of oregano in a dime bag?
Oh well. Assuming this plays out how we think it will, Mike Morgan, Matt Stairs, and Ron Villone’s record for most franchises played for in a career is safe. Jose will likely end with ten, falling two short of those dudes. Sad, really.
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 15
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 16
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 14
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 36
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 30
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 44
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 72
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)