Oct 30, 2010, 2:35 PM EDT
It’ll be a little while before lineups are released and the Giants and Rangers begin taking batting practice in anticipation of tonight’s World Series Game 3.
The gates aren’t even open yet at the Ballpark in Arlington, where Colby Lewis and the powerful Texas lineup will attempt to get back in the Fall Classic hunt. They’re down 2-0 in the seven-game series to San Francisco and are badly in need of a win or two this weekend at their home park.
Two Rangers fans, father and son, were having a game of catch outside the park just a few minutes ago and Jeff Mosier of the Dallas Morning News (@jeffmosier) captured it in an unrefined but perfectly classic photograph.
And get ready for tonight. We’ll be running a live blog all game.
- Dodgers acquire Mat Latos and Michael Morse from Marlins 11
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 26
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 31
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 50
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 64
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 76
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)