Oct 30, 2010, 2:35 PM EST
It’ll be a little while before lineups are released and the Giants and Rangers begin taking batting practice in anticipation of tonight’s World Series Game 3.
The gates aren’t even open yet at the Ballpark in Arlington, where Colby Lewis and the powerful Texas lineup will attempt to get back in the Fall Classic hunt. They’re down 2-0 in the seven-game series to San Francisco and are badly in need of a win or two this weekend at their home park.
Two Rangers fans, father and son, were having a game of catch outside the park just a few minutes ago and Jeff Mosier of the Dallas Morning News (@jeffmosier) captured it in an unrefined but perfectly classic photograph.
And get ready for tonight. We’ll be running a live blog all game.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 30
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)