Oct 30, 2010, 2:35 PM EDT
It’ll be a little while before lineups are released and the Giants and Rangers begin taking batting practice in anticipation of tonight’s World Series Game 3.
The gates aren’t even open yet at the Ballpark in Arlington, where Colby Lewis and the powerful Texas lineup will attempt to get back in the Fall Classic hunt. They’re down 2-0 in the seven-game series to San Francisco and are badly in need of a win or two this weekend at their home park.
Two Rangers fans, father and son, were having a game of catch outside the park just a few minutes ago and Jeff Mosier of the Dallas Morning News (@jeffmosier) captured it in an unrefined but perfectly classic photograph.
And get ready for tonight. We’ll be running a live blog all game.
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)