Oct 31, 2010, 1:42 PM EDT
This is great.
The Bay Citizen, a San Francisco-based publication, invited bestselling author Dave Eggers to Game 1 of the World Series last week and asked him to draw up a few sketches of the people at AT&T Park. He hit it out of the park, pun intended.
Eggers penned the bestselling memoir A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius and currently runs a nonprofit writing and tutoring center in San Francisco called 826 Valencia.
Hat Tip to Big League Stew
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)