Oct 31, 2010, 1:42 PM EDT
This is great.
The Bay Citizen, a San Francisco-based publication, invited bestselling author Dave Eggers to Game 1 of the World Series last week and asked him to draw up a few sketches of the people at AT&T Park. He hit it out of the park, pun intended.
Eggers penned the bestselling memoir A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius and currently runs a nonprofit writing and tutoring center in San Francisco called 826 Valencia.
Hat Tip to Big League Stew
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 6
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 11
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 10
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 35
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 30
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 44
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 72
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)