Oct 31, 2010, 1:42 PM EDT
This is great.
The Bay Citizen, a San Francisco-based publication, invited bestselling author Dave Eggers to Game 1 of the World Series last week and asked him to draw up a few sketches of the people at AT&T Park. He hit it out of the park, pun intended.
Eggers penned the bestselling memoir A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius and currently runs a nonprofit writing and tutoring center in San Francisco called 826 Valencia.
Hat Tip to Big League Stew
- Not so fast! Dodgers-Marlins trade for Mat Latos “could be falling apart” 42
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 27
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 42
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 31
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 52
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 65
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)