Nov 1, 2010, 9:28 AM EDT
This is not a surprise given his sudden departure from last night’s game, but the Rangers suspect that reliever Alexi Ogando has suffered a strained oblique muscle and believe he won’t be available for the rest of the World Series. He’ll be examined more thoroughly today. If he can’t go, Dustin Nippert is likely to replace Ogando on the roster.
This is a shame, as Ogando has pitched pretty well in the postseason. While the Rangers will live or die by Cliff Lee’s left arm tonight, if they do push things out to a Game 6 or 7, it would have been awfully nice to have Ogando around.
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 27
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 19
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 34
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)