Nov 1, 2010, 9:28 AM EDT
This is not a surprise given his sudden departure from last night’s game, but the Rangers suspect that reliever Alexi Ogando has suffered a strained oblique muscle and believe he won’t be available for the rest of the World Series. He’ll be examined more thoroughly today. If he can’t go, Dustin Nippert is likely to replace Ogando on the roster.
This is a shame, as Ogando has pitched pretty well in the postseason. While the Rangers will live or die by Cliff Lee’s left arm tonight, if they do push things out to a Game 6 or 7, it would have been awfully nice to have Ogando around.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (134)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)