Nov 1, 2010, 9:28 AM EDT
This is not a surprise given his sudden departure from last night’s game, but the Rangers suspect that reliever Alexi Ogando has suffered a strained oblique muscle and believe he won’t be available for the rest of the World Series. He’ll be examined more thoroughly today. If he can’t go, Dustin Nippert is likely to replace Ogando on the roster.
This is a shame, as Ogando has pitched pretty well in the postseason. While the Rangers will live or die by Cliff Lee’s left arm tonight, if they do push things out to a Game 6 or 7, it would have been awfully nice to have Ogando around.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 107
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8