Nov 1, 2010, 9:28 AM EDT
This is not a surprise given his sudden departure from last night’s game, but the Rangers suspect that reliever Alexi Ogando has suffered a strained oblique muscle and believe he won’t be available for the rest of the World Series. He’ll be examined more thoroughly today. If he can’t go, Dustin Nippert is likely to replace Ogando on the roster.
This is a shame, as Ogando has pitched pretty well in the postseason. While the Rangers will live or die by Cliff Lee’s left arm tonight, if they do push things out to a Game 6 or 7, it would have been awfully nice to have Ogando around.
- Report: Astros to acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 0
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 7
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 59
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 110
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (110)