Nov 1, 2010, 9:28 AM EST
This is not a surprise given his sudden departure from last night’s game, but the Rangers suspect that reliever Alexi Ogando has suffered a strained oblique muscle and believe he won’t be available for the rest of the World Series. He’ll be examined more thoroughly today. If he can’t go, Dustin Nippert is likely to replace Ogando on the roster.
This is a shame, as Ogando has pitched pretty well in the postseason. While the Rangers will live or die by Cliff Lee’s left arm tonight, if they do push things out to a Game 6 or 7, it would have been awfully nice to have Ogando around.
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 64
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 243
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 160
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (244)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (90)