Nov 1, 2010, 5:43 AM EST
1. Let the record reflect that the Braves — easily the weakest of the eight playoff teams this year — played the Giants more closely than either the Phillies or the Rangers; and
2. Unless the Rangers’ bats wake up, we’re going to have our sixth World Series in seven years in which the losing team couldn’t even push it to six games. We really haven’t had a good World Series since 2002. That’s a bit of a shame.
Tonight is the last chance for a monster pitching matchup — Lincecum and Lee — to live up to the hype. The way things have gone, I’m not holding my breath.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)