Nov 1, 2010, 5:43 AM EDT
1. Let the record reflect that the Braves — easily the weakest of the eight playoff teams this year — played the Giants more closely than either the Phillies or the Rangers; and
2. Unless the Rangers’ bats wake up, we’re going to have our sixth World Series in seven years in which the losing team couldn’t even push it to six games. We really haven’t had a good World Series since 2002. That’s a bit of a shame.
Tonight is the last chance for a monster pitching matchup — Lincecum and Lee — to live up to the hype. The way things have gone, I’m not holding my breath.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 62
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 8
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 215
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (215)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)