Nov 1, 2010, 10:28 AM EDT
There’s increasing heat to the Bobby Valentine-to-the-Brewers talk. On Saturday Bob Nightengale suggested that it was close to a done deal. Then yesterday Jon Heyman reported that Valentine was at the top of the Brewers’ list. Heyman went furhter, saying that Joey Cora, Bob Melvin, and Ron Roenicke were second through fourth on the list. Which is kind of odd because I always thought that “the list” was more metaphorical. Maybe the Brewers actually have a numbered ranking system like the Harris poll or something.
We’ve been in “Valentine is the front runner” land multiple times in recent months only to have it not pan out. But given the increasing boldness and certainty to these reports, one has to think that the Brewers have decided on Valentine and are simply waiting for the World Series to end before making things official.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 24
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 33
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)