Nov 1, 2010, 2:28 PM EDT
Take it from me, Chuck Greenberg, you don’t want to call Yankees fans names! Here was the Rangers owner on ESPN radio this morning:
“I thought Yankee fans, frankly, were awful. They were either violent or apathetic, neither of which is good. So I thought Yankee fans were by far the worst of any I’ve seen in the postseason. I thought they were an embarrassment.”
Know what? I think the Rangers have gotten a ton of great juju out of putting Nolan Ryan out in front of all of the postseason festivities and by making him the face of the franchise. It’s probably best that they keep things that way and slap a gag order on Greenberg.
In other news, how freaking sweet will it be if after (a) Kristen Lee criticized Yankees fans; and (b) Chuck Greenberg tore them a new one, Cliff Lee still goes to New York?
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 14
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 6
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 39
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)