Nov 1, 2010, 2:28 PM EDT
Take it from me, Chuck Greenberg, you don’t want to call Yankees fans names! Here was the Rangers owner on ESPN radio this morning:
“I thought Yankee fans, frankly, were awful. They were either violent or apathetic, neither of which is good. So I thought Yankee fans were by far the worst of any I’ve seen in the postseason. I thought they were an embarrassment.”
Know what? I think the Rangers have gotten a ton of great juju out of putting Nolan Ryan out in front of all of the postseason festivities and by making him the face of the franchise. It’s probably best that they keep things that way and slap a gag order on Greenberg.
In other news, how freaking sweet will it be if after (a) Kristen Lee criticized Yankees fans; and (b) Chuck Greenberg tore them a new one, Cliff Lee still goes to New York?
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 15
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 55
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 8
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (113)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte