Nov 1, 2010, 2:28 PM EST
Take it from me, Chuck Greenberg, you don’t want to call Yankees fans names! Here was the Rangers owner on ESPN radio this morning:
“I thought Yankee fans, frankly, were awful. They were either violent or apathetic, neither of which is good. So I thought Yankee fans were by far the worst of any I’ve seen in the postseason. I thought they were an embarrassment.”
Know what? I think the Rangers have gotten a ton of great juju out of putting Nolan Ryan out in front of all of the postseason festivities and by making him the face of the franchise. It’s probably best that they keep things that way and slap a gag order on Greenberg.
In other news, how freaking sweet will it be if after (a) Kristen Lee criticized Yankees fans; and (b) Chuck Greenberg tore them a new one, Cliff Lee still goes to New York?
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 8
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 40
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (131)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)