Nov 1, 2010, 10:33 PM EDT
The Giants win Game 5 3-1, and win the World Series four games to one behind a big night from Tim Lincecum and a big three-run home run by Edgar Renteria. This was, by far, the best game of the World Series, with a Lincecum-Lee pitchers’ duel for the ages suddenly punctuated by a thunderbolt from the bat of Renteria.
The World Series MVP has not been announced yet — they’re still jumping around on the field — but if it’s not Renteria the Gods have gone crazy.
We’ll obviously have additional coverage and analysis tonight and on through tomorrow morning.
Congratulations to the San Francisco Giants, 2010 World Series champs!
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 7
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 11
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 88
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)