Nov 1, 2010, 10:33 PM EDT
The Giants win Game 5 3-1, and win the World Series four games to one behind a big night from Tim Lincecum and a big three-run home run by Edgar Renteria. This was, by far, the best game of the World Series, with a Lincecum-Lee pitchers’ duel for the ages suddenly punctuated by a thunderbolt from the bat of Renteria.
The World Series MVP has not been announced yet — they’re still jumping around on the field — but if it’s not Renteria the Gods have gone crazy.
We’ll obviously have additional coverage and analysis tonight and on through tomorrow morning.
Congratulations to the San Francisco Giants, 2010 World Series champs!
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 41
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 22
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 41
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)