Nov 1, 2010, 10:33 PM EDT
The Giants win Game 5 3-1, and win the World Series four games to one behind a big night from Tim Lincecum and a big three-run home run by Edgar Renteria. This was, by far, the best game of the World Series, with a Lincecum-Lee pitchers’ duel for the ages suddenly punctuated by a thunderbolt from the bat of Renteria.
The World Series MVP has not been announced yet — they’re still jumping around on the field — but if it’s not Renteria the Gods have gone crazy.
We’ll obviously have additional coverage and analysis tonight and on through tomorrow morning.
Congratulations to the San Francisco Giants, 2010 World Series champs!
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (81)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)