Nov 1, 2010, 10:33 PM EDT
The Giants win Game 5 3-1, and win the World Series four games to one behind a big night from Tim Lincecum and a big three-run home run by Edgar Renteria. This was, by far, the best game of the World Series, with a Lincecum-Lee pitchers’ duel for the ages suddenly punctuated by a thunderbolt from the bat of Renteria.
The World Series MVP has not been announced yet — they’re still jumping around on the field — but if it’s not Renteria the Gods have gone crazy.
We’ll obviously have additional coverage and analysis tonight and on through tomorrow morning.
Congratulations to the San Francisco Giants, 2010 World Series champs!
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 0
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 10
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 1
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 57
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 27
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (98)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (95)